Is anyone worse than Clark Kellogg?

Tully55

Reaction score
This guy don't shut up!. On and on, Blah blah-blah blah-blah!

I've always been a fan of Clark Kellogg, but I think he's had a rough month. He was not good at all in this Butler-MSU game. He was all over the place and missed some basic stuff. Even the ever polite Jim Nantz openly questioned Clark's commentary once or twice. And, no need to bring up his complete strike out on the Evan Turner DNP vs. MN at the BTT. He's had a bad broadcasting month.

Agreed. CK is about as worthless as a box of dandruff. Glad to see Obama beat him in POTUS.

I had to mute the game they were both driving me nuts.

Both Nantz and CK belong in the studio, not sure why CBS call this their "A" team...I'll take Gus Johnson or Kevin Harlan any day over Nantz and anyone can do a better job than CK.

I did get a good laugh when he said the player "had done a good job of getting his body between the defender and himself." Neat trick I'd say.

Kellogg / Nantz Not The Best, BUT

We suffered through many years of the insufferable Billy Packer.

My God, how glad I am that he is off the air.

Talking Heads

Talking heads, be they sports or politics or whatever, get paid to talk. They have more time to fill than things of value to say so naturally they wind up saying stupid, repetitive stuff and drive us nuts.

That being said, I loved Al McGuire.

I miss you Al.

Kellogg must have said "Butler should foul" a half dozen times at the end of the game. I listened to some of the game on the radio. I know people like Rafferty, but man, I can't take him anymore. That stupid drama he puts in his voice (or whatever it is) drives me nuts.

Section, I also loved Al...what a great announcer (and coach!) :)

IMO Raftery, Gus Johnson, and definitely Packer are not better options, lol. I like Jay the best...factual, insightful, and interesting to listen to

Here are some guys who did NCAA games on CBS who are better than CK

Jay Bilas (who should be the lead color commentator)
Len Elmore
Jim Spanarkel
Mike Gminiski
Bob Wenzel
Bill Rafftery
Stephen Bardo

I think that is all 7!!!

And, if they want the best color commentator in college BB, there is only one choice

BOBBY KNIGHT (sorry for the yelling, but I wanted to be heard above the din)

It was nice to see CBS News spell Clark's name as "Clarke" when being shown providing "insight" about tomorrow night's championship game.

Here are some guys who did NCAA games on CBS who are better than CK

Jay Bilas (who should be the lead color commentator)
Len Elmore
Jim Spanarkel
Mike Gminiski
Bob Wenzel
Bill Rafftery
Stephen Bardo

Stephen Bardo has never worked a game on CBS. I doubt you meant Tim Brando since he does PBP.

Here are their crews - Note; Enberg is leaving effective next season. I'd expect Craig Bolerjack to be back in the mix in 2011.

Nantz/Kellogg
Lundquist/Raftery
Johnson/Elmore
Enberg/Bilas
Harlan/Bonner
Eagle/Spanarkle
Brando/Giminski
Dedes/Wenzel

My two favorites are Johnson and Raftery, but I would never want them together in the booth because both are such big personalities I don't think it would work. Outspoken Raftery works really well with minimalist Lundquist. Personally, I think Johnson/Bilas would be a dynamite pair.

They shoulda given Dick Enberg one of the Final Four games since its his last year doing basketball...

I can't take most of them including Gus Johnson. I will always turn off the TV volume and play music from my iPod hooked up to my stereo system and listen to that instead of the talking heads. I understand basketball well enough not to need any verbal assistance.

I do this for a lot of sports on TV, except Twins baseball. I like to listen to Bert and Dick.

I can't take most of them including Gus Johnson. I will always turn off the TV volume and play music from my iPod hooked up to my stereo system and listen to that instead of the talking heads. I understand basketball well enough not to need any verbal assistance.

I do this for a lot of sports on TV, except Twins baseball. I like to listen to Bert and Dick.

I think CK is better than Packer, but just barely. It was a disappointing choice by CBS.

It's ironic that you turn the sound off except to listen to Dick and Bert. Dick is competent, Bert is horrible. Cliche ridden mangled syntax, unfunny humor, no insights. He makes Tom Hanneman look great.

Clark did a have a rough tournament. Generally I like him, but his work left something to be desired this postseason.

I'm tiring of Gus Johnson. Too much hollering and screaming, and too much of it is contrived.

I agree with those that like Bilas as an analyst. He's a pro.

Clark did a have a rough tournament. Generally I like him, but his work left something to be desired this postseason.

I'm tiring of Gus Johnson. Too much hollering and screaming, and too much of it is contrived.

I agree with those that like Bilas as an analyst. He's a pro.

It's like you read my mind. I feel the same way.

We had too much Gus "Minny-Sooooduhhhh" Johnson this year for Gopher telecasts. I believe he did 6 Gopher games. I shouldn't complain though ... it's great to see the games in HD when you can't be there in person and I give Johnson credit for treating everyone fairly and with respect (in my viewpoint).

Jay Bilas has a clear voice, intelligent commentary and doesn't over-do it as much as some. I like Bob Knight as an analyst for those reasons too -- I always seem to learn something from him. Maybe if I heard them a lot more, I would tire of them too.

I think CK is better than Packer, but just barely. It was a disappointing choice by CBS.

It's ironic that you turn the sound off except to listen to Dick and Bert. Dick is competent, Bert is horrible. Cliche ridden mangled syntax, unfunny humor, no insights. He makes Tom Hanneman look great.

Obviously I disagree, I think Bert is silly but funny. Humor is obviously very subjective, why else could some people find Gallagher smashing watermelons funny, and others find Woody Allen funny.

Obviously I disagree, I think Bert is silly but funny. Humor is obviously very subjective, why else could some people find Gallagher smashing watermelons funny, and others find Woody Allen funny.

Agreed. I thought everyone liked Dick and Bert. The great thing about those two is that they don't take themselves seriously at all. Bert may stumble over his words at times and try to be a little too funny at times, but overall he is very enjoyable to listen to.

They are definitely my favorite announcers in any sport.

Top Bottom