Is anyone saving themselves?

FreakyDeke

picked a dumb moniker
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone is intentionally missing the scrimmage so their first time in the completed stadium will be for the first game?

Just wondering if anyone is intentionally missing the scrimmage so their first time in the completed stadium will be for the first game?

If I was not going to the luncheon that is what I would do. Stay away until the 1st game. The luncheon is too good to pass on though, so I will also go Aug. 22.

I'll be traveling for work, so I'll be missing the scrimmage. I suppose that's not intentional though, so I guess my answer is no, but through force I'll be "saving myself" for the glory of Sept 12.

My Dad and 2 brothers are "saving themselves" but I can't wait so I'm for sure going!

Not me. If I could I'd pitch a tent in the west end zone and be there every day. I know this will wear off but for now I am looking for any excuse I can to be in or around the stadium so I am looking forward to Aug 22.

I am saving myself.

Much of that has to do with my distance from the Cities, though. Because I will be making the 3.5 hour-each-way trip to Minneapolis 6 times this fall (4 games, family wedding, and the State Fair) I decided that a 7th trip was not possible financially or schedule wise. If I lived up there, it would be a harder decision whether to go to the scrimmage or wait for the real deal.

I do hope those that are saving themeselves will give their tickets to non-season ticket holders so they can get a chance to get inside and get pumped for Gopher football. That way we expand the number of people who realize how awesome the stadium is and have a good crowd to support the team on the 22nd. I mean...what better way to get non ticket holders hooked on the Gophers than having them get in the stadium the very first day it's open?

I can't wait to go to the scrimmage. I have been holding off driving by the stadium for the last 2 months. When it comes to Sept. 12th too much to take in. After all, there will also be a football game that day:)

I get what all you 'Virgins of the Vault' are doing, and i respect that. But i really hope that if you find a way to let someone else use your ticket, you be kind enough to make someone else's day.

A (mostly) full stadium on this day for just this scrimmage event will go a long way to providing that extra buzz surrounding the gophers this year.

Im going for sure, by the way. Should be really fun. Im also going to the Students-only Syracuse game.

I'm on the fence right now, but leaning towards skipping it (and letting my parents or in-laws go in my stead). By Aug. 22, I'll have had two stadium tours, so I've pretty much seen the place. Throw in the $10 parking and the desire to wait for the "real thing" on Sept. 12, and that will likely make my decision for me.

I will be too - but like PLG, it's not exactly because I wanted to "save myself," it's because I'll be out of town for that weekend. I'm not to heartbroken about it, because it will make that first game, that's filled to the rim with fans, that much more special! :)

I haven't saved myself for anything else, so why should I start now?

I'm not saving myself. I need to check out the stadium on the 22nd to get all that built-up excitement out of the way. Then on Sept 12th, I can focus on cheering for the team and getting excited to watch football. I don't think I can handle both in one setting. :D

If by saving myself you mean giving my sister dirty looks on her wedding day for making me miss it, then sure, yea I'm saving myself :)

Studwell has been saving himself for 30+ years, I'm sure this is no reason to break a streak so impressive.

I can't wait to yell "I'm no longer a TCF Virgin!" when I walk in. I'll post pictures of my "oh face" afterwards.

Did anyone actually confirm that parking would be $10 at the scrimmage? I have seen nothing from Gophersports about it - I would be pissed if as a season ticket holder I showed up and they surprised me with a $10 charge for a spot I already ponied up for. Or, as a person who can't go, if I give my tickets away making someone else pay for it to use the pass.

We have so much History and Tradition here at the U. I decided to create a website just for the former Gophers to keep them informed.

Do you think a horny teenage boy with a fistful of cash sitting outside a brothel is going to wait?

644-I5.jpg

porkys.jpg

porkys.jpg

No way. Saving for what? I've been waiting to get out of the damn dome for what? 26 years! We have a new stadium and I want to be there. I want to see how the OL looks and also some of the heralded recruits.

Mrs Bayfield is letting me loose for the day! Whoppee!

Bring it!!!!!

I will be. I don't get back from Seoul (first time in almost 2 years) until Sept. 3rd. I know that the Thursday or Friday before the Air Force game though I am dropping my stuff off at PLG's, grabbing a Honey Weiss, and going to walk around that beauty of a stadium.

I think that one of the biggest reasons I am going is so I can wander the concourse aimlessly for a while, something I am loathe to do during an actual game. I can also witness all the malarkey they intend on unleashing on the local road system, so there are no unpleasant memories of the first game. Most importantly I cannot wait!

I have waited too long. I am looking forward to the 22nd. Can take time and wander around, hopefully get a tour and watch some football. Too much to take everything in on Sept. 12th.

I'm planning on going. As others have said, if you are not going, give your tickets away!!

Top Bottom