Iowa State acually won a game, defeating

oak_street1981

Reaction score
a team they were not supposed to beat in the formerly mighty, but still strong Nebraska. (on the road)

In the video, the ISU coach spoke in a humble manner after the game, not before it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAcKiMy0Gp4

It must great to be have a big win in year one. Might we expect something like this in year 7 or year 8?

Did you post this because you expect the Gs to upset MSU and you want to prep Brew? If so, wonderful, but presumptuous.

I expect us to crush MSU, like we did in 2006 on

Did you post this because you expect the Gs to upset MSU and you want to prep Brew? If so, wonderful, but presumptuous.

the road, with all that awful talent we had. Yes, those guys really did get lucky kicking the crap out of MSU at Spartan Stadium; it was a proud day to be a Gopher fan.

So, this is just prep material for our coach.

Nebraska turned the ball over eight times, hence the reason Iowa State was able to beat them with their starting QB and RB out.
Pretty much. A competent offense would have hung 60 on Nebraska with the field position they kept inheriting.

man, the huskers really put the visitors in a crappy locker room, that thing looked like a janitor's closet.

I expect us to crush MSU, like we did in 2006 on the road, it was a proud day to be a Gopher fan.

It was a nice Gopher win, but let's not forget it came against an MSU team that got its coach fired and was 4-8.

Remember, that 2006 Gopher team did not beat a BCS team with a better than .500 record.

Yes, those guys really did get lucky kicking the crap out of MSU at Spartan Stadium;

If Brian Hoyer doesn't throw an interception in the end zone (after replacing and injured Drew Stanton), we go down 16-0 and probably get routed.

"If candy and buts were candy and nuts we'd all have

If ifs and butts were candy and nuts,we'd all have a Merry Christmas.

Minnesota should stomp Iowa this year. There is literally no game on the schedule both before and after that game I care more about. Here's hoping Gray starts and hangs 400 all purpose yards on them.

Yes, but the ISU coach walked into a much, much, much better situation than our friend Tim did. Recall, Mason left the cupboard absolutely bare and the program in a shambles whereas ISU has been a bowl team the last 6 years in a row.

Haha, nicely done.

Anyway, ISU has actually had a pretty decent season and would probably beat the Gophers.

I swore Iowa was 6-5 going into the '06 game. I guess I was wrong.

Talking about at the end of the year, the record shows they beat no FBS team with a better than .500 record. Iowa finished 6-7.

Look, you're trying to prove some sort of a point about how great the 2006 team was. They won six games. Three came against BCS teams - MSU (4-8), Indiana (5-7), and Iowa (6-7). The other wins came over non-BCS teams Temple (1-11) and Kent State (6-6) and FCS team NDSU (10-1).

That 2006 did not beat an FBS team that finished over .500. That's all. No biggie.

Of course, the 2007 Gophers didn't do that, either. The 2008 Gophers beat FBS team Florida Atlantic (7-6). The rest of the wins came against .500 or below teams. And, the 2009 Gophers may not beat any over .500 FBS, either (depending on what Air Force and Northwestern do and what we do the rest of the season).

Thanks to the OP for posting the video. What a PERFECT example of why college football is 100x better than professional football. You'd think the video would bother me as a Husker fan (I grew up in Lincoln) - it doesn't - that video is awesome and I would love nothing more than the current Gophers to have that kind of collegiate experience in a huge upset victory just once before they graduate.

At the time, our win over Illinois last year looked monumental, beating the defending Rose Bowl rep on the road. Illinois has barely won a game since, making the win look rather meaningless. For all we know, Nebraska will take a similar path, and nobody will care that ISU won that game.

To put it simply, you don't know how the season will turn out, so stop pretending that you do. You'd be better off sticking to whining about the band not marching down University.

Nebraska sucks. Why do so many people forget that they suck? They have sucked since 2002, and they will probably never be any good ever again. They can't even win the Big 12 North, which pretty much sucks from top-to-bottom.

The "New Years Day Bowl Game" everyone was wetting their pants over last year was the equivalent of the Insight Bowl, and was agaisnt a crappy 7-5 ACC opponent.

Just wanted to put this ISU win in proper perspective.

Nebraska doesn't exactly suck. Their defense is still tremendous and they have arguably the top overall defender, if not the top overall player, in college football in Suh.

Top Bottom