Iowa Running Back Lost for Season.

As much as I hate Iowa, never want to see a kid get hurt. Good luck to him in his recovery.

I saw this live at my brother's before we left for the colisseum (watching football on the west coast is awesome). That hit was Theismannesque. Classic case of the cleats getting stuck in the turf. You could tell from the slo-mo replay that the foot bone was no longer connected to the shin bone, to use medical terminology.

I also wish for a rapid recovery for this kid, but ankle breaks are in some ways harder to recover from than a messed up knee. or a tibia (a.k.a. shin bone). That's why ski boots end at the calf. If you're gonna break something, that's what you want to pop.

I feel sorry for the kid. I too don't want to see kids get hurt. Then again, I don't feel sorry for our rivals to the south as a team.

good luck to this kid......i think he was a freshman in his first game

i only watched a little but coker just looks slow to me

good luck to this kid......i think he was a freshman in his first game

i only watched a little but coker just looks slow to me

You're right, he did. Coker also put the ball on the ground, which is why McCall got in there. Ferentz had a look on his face like he had bit into a cheeseburger and heard something go crunch when he had to put Coker back in there.

Yes... ankles can be tricky and I hope his recovery goes well. It is hard to believe the nasty history Iowa has had with their RBs in recent years.

Speaking of Coker... My favorite move of his is the one where he bounces out right and holds the ball at pad-height of an oncoming tackler from his left.

Sad to see this happen to any team...and as Schnauzer says, isn't it always their running backs? Dah ang!

Kill is right about depth and how important it is through the grind of a season. I wanted to see Beal play and I hope he recovers soon.

Top Bottom