Iowa Rollcall

I refuse to drive to Iowa City and give the Hawkeyes my money. Plus the Iowa crowd are some of the worst in the B1G. So you Gopher fans who are attending, yell loud and keep the faith in the dark moments. Staying within 10 will be a moral victory. (Not much into moral victories).

I'm shocked how many of you drive and park to football game. How do you stay properly lubricated if you have to move a car post game?

Section 105. 0-2 in previous trips to Kinnick.

For those going tomorrow...just read that as a tribute for Veterans Day, there's a flyover with 4 F-35A fighter jets, weather permitting.

Those mofos are LOUD!

I'd by sitting in Iowa City right now if that miserable Illinois game had not taken all the energy out of me.

Despite all that, sitting on the couch right now, I saw pretty great prices on Vivid Seats, and tolerable pricing for rooms in dumpy hotels in C'ville. The weather for the 2019 game down there was pretty much, perfect for a 2:30 game as well. This year, not so much.

For me there is no fear of cold games, but I really hate wet, windy 35 degree games. It looks like 38 or so, with no rain, and some sun which is not too bad. A lot of people that whine about the cold never bother to hear heavy duty headgear and gloves, which for me make almost any game tolerable with a good skin level thermo shell. The next level are boots, and 2013 Wisconsin was the only time I regretted wearing just running shoes.

I just about made the Iowa City plunge five minutes ago, but backed down.

The couch and TV it will be tomorrow afternoon, but I would recommend heading down there tomorrow, or any on the proverbial fence, especially if you have not been to Iowa City. 38 degrees and partial sun will be fine, and you might witness something rare.

We had the Bowl bound pins from the Alumni association, we all in our group made it on the field in 99 too, after the game. Do you remember the Gopher fans were all kind of packed in the corner that game. Arland Bruce III had that huge play on that tunnel screen and now his kid plays at Iowa, which is sad. Sean Hoffman knocking that pass away on 4th and goal what a memory. Gophers left all that they had on the field that day and Iowa played really hard. Do you remember the Gopher fan that was wearing nothing but Tupperware for clothes, that guy was hilarious, he was the who hates Iowa guy and cracking jokes at Iowa fans before and during tge game. He was letting every Iowa fan know tge Gophers are winning that day no matter what. He was pretty blitzed. Weather was fantastic that day. Coach Mason was really grinning Glen after that game. That was a great day! Here is hoping for a great day and another Golden Gopher victory on 11/13/21 for all Gopher fans at Kinnick. Bring that Rouser and chant M-I-N-N-E-S-O-T-A, they, Iowa hate this.

Glen had a pretty good run early vs. Iowa with the 43-7 Metrodome win in Hayden Fry's last game, then with the '99 win at Iowa City referenced above. It got pretty lean after that with no wins until the 34-24 win at the Metrodome when Mason had the unlikely 3 game win streak to get to the dreaded Texas Tech bowl game. (three great quarters followed by ?????)

I thought after 2010, 2011 and the incredible 51-14 2014 game things were trending upward, but it really turned to turd city since 2014 with Iowa.

The 2016 and 2019 games were especially depressing. The 2014 game was probably worth 2 normal wins though. Great fun watching all those Iowa fans slinking out of TCF that day.

Top Bottom