Interesting article out of Madison

coolhandgopher

Reaction score
Gary Parrish referenced (and admonished the author) of this article in his regular Friday column, so I sought the article out today. It find it pretty funny to read-seems that the author (and some of the people offering comments) are sick of onlywinning Big Ten regular season titles. I hope it won't be long with an improved Big Ten that Bucky slides back to the middle of the pack. I'm sorry, but any Badger fan who complains or questions Bo Ryan at this point is downright foolish and I do hope they find themselves begging for these glory days soon.
http://badgerherald.com/sports/2008/12/03/zetlin_time_for_bo_t.php

Like any other program, we have some real d-bag 'fans' who have completely forgotten where we came from, and who we are.

I would much rather have a team that always challenges for the conference title. One of these trips to the tourney, they are going to break through.

Do you think any of those comments were from people old enough to remember that Wisconsin had only ONE winning season in Big 10 play over the span of 34 years through the 60s, 70s, and 80s? I have to think anyone that witnessed this level of futility would be more than happy to be a consistent contender in the conference.

The Badgerherald is a student newspaper and the "journalist" writing the article is looking for shock value which it looks like he is getting.

There is nobody sane that can question where the Wisconsin program is and where it is going under Ryan. Big Ten titles, tournament titles, sweet 16 appearances and a final 8 appearance speak for themselves. The talent level increases with every class and the program is on very firm ground.

To question that because the team got upset by UNLV and then lost to a team with a ridiculously talented player like Curry last year is absurd.

This program has never been in better shape and has been prominent and will be prominent on the national scene for a long time. The Badgers have been to the NCAA tournament 10 consecutive years and every year under Ryan. People that question his ability to coach because he has not made a final four are idiots.

People that question his ability to coach because he has not made a final four are idiots

and those people would be your average Wisconsin fans.

Top Bottom