Insight Bowl link

frozengopher

Devious and Conniving Member
Reaction score
per Dr. Saturday:

'Insight Bowl • Iowa State vs. Minnesota (6 p.m. ET • NFL Network)
There's a better than 9 in 10 chance you have no intention of watching two 6-6 stragglers battle it out on New Year's Eve even if you have access to the NFL Network, and the one possible draw -- the exceptional talents of prolific Minnesota receiver Eric Decker -- is out after Decker's season-ending injury in October. Just remember this: Between Tim Brewster and Paul Rhoades, one of these coaches is likely to get psyched up enough to explode in a celebratory shower of exclamation points that float down as the band follows the fight song with "Auld Lang Sine." Just the prospect of that happening beats some ball dropping on a Manhattan mob, doesn't it?'

I find it entertaining/humorous when national observers poke fun at Brewster (I think I just like seeing our team talked about as part of the whole cfb world). Outside of Minny, he's just a really enthusiastic guy. Too bad the local perspective is so skewed.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/footba...Smorgasbor?urn=ncaaf,211339#remaining-content

I don't think I've ever been less excited for a Goofs game. This is just sad...

I don't think I've ever been less excited for a Goofs game. This is just sad...

I think you need a refill.

Although it ain't the Rose Bowl or even the Alamo Bowl, I think the game itself might be fun to watch. I know I'm being optimistic, but I have a feeling the offense will wake up today. It may stumble around trying to find the light switch for a while, but it will be concious.

Not me ... I've been waiting all day for the game

The rest of you can be all gloom and doom if you want. I'm excited to get to watch my team on New Year's Eve. Going to get some snacks and a drink. Sit down with my kid and enjoy the game. Hopefully it will be a good one. Happy New Year Everyone! The glass is "Half Full - Not Half Empty.":clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Top Bottom