Indiana Game

Ewert86PC

Metrodome Era Survivor
Reaction score
The only way I'm watching the Gophers/Indiana game is if we start a quarterback other than Tanner Morgan. It is the perfect opportunity to see the other quarterbacks get play time.

I don't buy PJ's explanation that the receivers were to blame for the botched passes. There were too many textbook overthrows by Morgan today for that to be true.

It's time.

The only way I'm watching the Gophers/Indiana game is if we start a quarterback other than Tanner Morgan. It is the perfect opportunity to see the other quarterbacks get play time.

I don't buy PJ's explanation that the receivers were to blame for the botched passes. There were too many textbook overthrows by Morgan today for that to be true.

It's time.
I’ll let BTN know so they can anticipate the ratings dip

It's time.
You can safely start making plans for next Saturday afternoon as TM2 will be the starting QB.

You can safely start making plans for next Saturday afternoon as TM2 will be the starting QB.
Well, have fun with the forthcoming loss to Indiana. They're hungry for a win and keeping TM2 as a starter just makes us the fat, sassy meal for them.

I've been behind Tanner up to the Iowa game, but watching today's game with his gross misses of open wide receivers and Fleck blaming the receivers was thoroughly heart and loyalty-breaking for me. I've never felt this way about a Gopher football season before.

Fleck preaches accountability, but pulls the classic "throw the receivers under the bus to protect the qb" excuse. No, this is the breaking point, one player has been put ahead of the rest of the team for too long this season.

The only pass for a touchdown today was thrown by Kramer, not Morgan.

If we really want to beat Indiana, then we can't walk into their trap by staying the course with our quarterback situation. If culture change is what is important, then you need to have a smart culture that doesn't walk into traps unprepared. We did it with Bowling Green and Illinois already this season. No one thought those games would be the loses they were before we took the field and we walked off stunned.

This is what not accepting mediocrity is about: realizing when loyalty is broken by not having actions to support it.

Well, have fun with the forthcoming loss to Indiana. They're hungry for a win and keeping TM2 as a starter just makes us the fat, sassy meal for them.

I've been behind Tanner up to the Iowa game, but watching today's game with his gross misses of open wide receivers and Fleck blaming the receivers was thoroughly heart and loyalty-breaking for me. I've never felt this way about a Gopher football season before.

Fleck preaches accountability, but pulls the classic "throw the receivers under the bus to protect the qb" excuse. No, this is the breaking point, one player has been put ahead of the rest of the team for too long this season.

If we really want to beat Indiana, then we can't walk into their trap by staying the course with our quarterback situation. If culture change is what is important, then you need to have a smart culture that doesn't walk into traps unprepared. We did it with Bowling Green and Illinois already this season. No one thought those games would be the loses they were before we took the field and we walked off stunned.

This is what not accepting mediocrity is about: realizing when loyalty is broken by not having actions to support it.
Regarding the passing touchdown comment, You apparently don’t remember the 60+yard touchdown to CAB then it seems. I don’t disagree that we should see what we have, but that’s more for planning for the future

Regarding the passing touchdown comment, You apparently don’t remember the 60+yard touchdown to CAB then it seems. I don’t disagree that we should see what we have, but that’s more for planning for the future
Nope, I didn't because that was how awful this game was. A 60+ yard TD was not a memorable play and it didn't help because we were playing from behind against Iowa, again.

If you watched the game and don’t remember that play, you should seek help from a doctor.
Well, I did watch the game and as I stated it was not memorable because we were playing from behind against Iowa, again.

Morgan was and has been awful. But our WR are not very good either. And the scheme seems to be lacking. Yeah, not good.

maybe I'm insane. I just don't see all of these "dropped passes."

I see WR's jumping and lunging and twisting to try and come up with passes that are over their heads, too far out in front or behind them. some of those passes may be close enough for the WR's to get a hand or fingertip on them - but that is not my definition of a "dropped pass."

you hit a guy in the hands or the numbers and he doesn't make the catch - that's a dropped pass.

trying to catch a ball with a difficulty level of 8 or 9 on a 10-point scale does not qualify as a dropped pass in my book.

bottom line - the QB is supposed to throw a ball that gives the WR a decent chance to make the catch - not just throw the ball somewhere in the vicinity.

Well, I did watch the game and as I stated it was not memorable because we were playing from behind against Iowa, again.

A lot of the postgame analysis and frustration seems to come from this more than the actual specifics of yesterday's game, which made the Gophers look ready to pass Iowa up in the West in the near future.

The pent up frustration of 7+ years is a lot worse than anything that happened yesterday on the field.

Iowa got beat up by a team that executed its game plan, won physically, and just...lost. Somehow.

A lot of the postgame analysis and frustration seems to come from this more than the actual specifics of yesterday's game, which made the Gophers look ready to pass Iowa up in the West in the near future.

The pent up frustration of 7+ years is a lot worse than anything that happened yesterday on the field.

Iowa got beat up by a team that executed its game plan, won physically, and just...lost. Somehow.
When your father-in-law was a decades long Hawkeyes season ticket holder, in multiple sports, you pay attention to those kind of things. It's worse when the University's academics are actively looking to diminish the value of Gopher Sports.

This is why winning solves problems.

Indiana is dreadful and with no chance at a bowl game will likely lay down vs the Gophs.

I expect a 40-10 type game.

I see WR's jumping and lunging and twisting to try and come up with passes that are over their heads, too far out in front or behind them. some of those passes may be close enough for the WR's to get a hand or fingertip on them - but that is not my definition of a "dropped pass."

There were a couple of drops but, I agree, there was much more of what you describe in the second paragraph. It would've taken a jumping Manute Bol to catch some of those high passes.

It's time.
he will not start another qb. not a chance imho

you hit a guy in the hands or the numbers and he doesn't make the catch - that's a dropped pass.

trying to catch a ball with a difficulty level of 8 or 9 on a 10-point scale does not qualify as a dropped pass in my book.

bottom line - the QB is supposed to throw a ball that gives the WR a decent chance to make the catch - not just throw the ball somewhere in the vicinity.
There were at least 6 passes that hit wideouts in the hands that weren’t caught.
not all east catches. When Morgan was good two years ago, those were catches.

No player should be above the team, especially your signal-caller. PJ Fleck is preaching accountability with one exemption. He is starting to sound like Frosty.

It's time.
Ignore the apologists in here. They're the exact reason why Minnesota teams suck ass. The owners here know they got them all suckling the kool-aid from their teets.

Ignore the apologists in here. They're the exact reason why Minnesota teams suck ass. The owners here know they got them all suckling the kool-aid from their teets.
LOL. That's it. If only we had higher expectations, they'd dominate!

Top Bottom