In State Recruiting - Are we missing anyone?

Reaction score
After reading through the latest MSHSL Football thread, that always devolves into an argument about HS sizes and area populations, and how Wayzata is too big, I came to a question that I want to know. Are we missing anyone?

We currently have:
Jerome Williams (Osseo)
Greg Johnson (PL)
Martin Owusu (PL)
Reese Tripp (Kasson-Mantorville)
Sam Peters (MG)
Alex Elliot (Hutch)
Garrison Monroe (Shakopee)

I saw we are recruiting the Stillwater QB now. Is there anyone else we are missing? I know NDSU/SDSU, etc have some MN athletes.

How have we not offered Devin Jordan from Eden Prairie yet?

How have we not offered Devin Jordan from Eden Prairie yet?
Not in the top 12 in the state according to 24/7. Not shocking no offer yet. Maybe a preferred walk-on?

After reading through the latest MSHSL Football thread, that always devolves into an argument about HS sizes and area populations, and how Wayzata is too big, I came to a question that I want to know. Are we missing anyone?

We currently have:
Jerome Williams (Osseo)
Greg Johnson (PL)
Martin Owusu (PL)
Reese Tripp (Kasson-Mantorville)
Sam Peters (MG)
Alex Elliot (Hutch)
Garrison Monroe (Shakopee)

I saw we are recruiting the Stillwater QB now. Is there anyone else we are missing? I know NDSU/SDSU, etc have some MN athletes.
Unless anyone blows up this season, most 2023 kids left are of the PWO level for the Gophers.

He's a legacy player, so will be interesting to see how it evolves, but he's committed to Air Force.
Which parent and which sport? I don't recall any "Jordan" Gophers who were any good, but I really only care about football, so maybe baseball or softball?

Which parent and which sport? I don't recall any "Jordan" Gophers who were any good, but I really only care about football, so maybe baseball or softball?
I believe his dad is Crawford Jordan from the late 90's

I believe his dad is Crawford Jordan from the late 90's
Ok, I was a student then and the only player I knew of was Tyrone Carter, so makes sense I've never heard of this guy. (Man what I'd give to have the Gophers being a good, on-campus team when I was 18-22. Hardly anyone gave a crap about Gopher football in the '90s and the tickets weren't worth the paper they were printed on. As huge of a football fan as I am/was, I didn't even know who Glen Mason was or that he got us to a bowl in Dec. '99, even though I ended up road-tripping to that game.)

For 2024, there's a kid from Spring Valley (Kingsland) who I'm guessing Gophs have not looked at...Beau Wiersma. Had over 300 yards rushing last week. Totally under the radar but worth a look.

2027 has a promising quarterback for St Cloud Apollo. Really lighting up the JV level this fall

Top Bottom