In case you doubted Charlie Weis is a DB

I was thinking, I have a tough time picturing Weis having the necessary "smooth hips" to play the DB position. Charmin' Charlie should prepare to kick back and relax for awhile, I don't see anyone knocking on his door offering a job.

Some things are both totally out of line and still true.

If Weis is right...he's right.

What he said is true

About the media and being coach at ND. He got paid to take crap and be scrutinized as the coach at Notre Dame. The problem is he is crying about that and said something about another coach who is better at coaching in every aspect. Yes he is DB and a bad coach.

So in other words, Weis was not only complaining about media scrutiny (even though everyone on the planet knows that's one of the facts of life for a Notre Dame football coach), he also took a shot at the head coach of a team that absolutely owned him and his team for his entire career with the Irish. Nice. He effectively made an idiot of himself on two fronts with one answer. Bravo. And Weis probably still can't understand why he was so unpopular in many respects with Notre Dame fans.

the most shocking part

of the story is the revelation that Charlie is married. MARRIED!!

What kind of self-loathing, trough-filling battered woman would agree to live with this beast? I'm stunned.

I thought the Tiger woods thing would open all of your eyes, but let me do it for you, 99% of people in Pro Sports or major college sports CHEAT ON THEIR WIVES. This is not a surprise to hear this, and i bet you its true.

I thought the Tiger woods thing would open all of your eyes, but let me do it for you, 99% of people in Pro Sports or major college sports CHEAT ON THEIR WIVES. This is not a surprise to hear this, and i bet you its true.

You are WAY off, Brew Recruit. My non-scientific studies show only 95% of them do. ;)

It was a bitter comment to make, but I do believe Weis. I think part of it was being upset about getting fired, and part was jealousy...that he couldn't get some hot grad student to hook up with. Most unattractive men with money and power can still get mistresses...but he's kind of off the charts with the unattractive thing, so he doesn't have much luck.

How long till the media gets a picture of this gal?

I put the over-under at 28 hours.

( This will likely get bad. Can't put toothpaste back in the tube.)

Is there any chance that Weis and Mangino could be featured in The Biggest Loser?

Is there any chance that Weis and Mangino could be featured in The Biggest Loser?

Personally I'd like to see them on Gladiators if they bring it back (again). Picture both of them wobbling through an obstacle course with tennis balls being shot and bouncing off their ample front butts and man boobs.

The problem with this whole thing is not really that Weis said it but rather than it was published by the reporters. The segment he said all of this is was supposed to be off the record. Instead, the ND Rivals reporter published the whole interview and it has caused quite the controversy.

How long till the media gets a picture of this gal?

I put the over-under at 28 hours.

( This will likely get bad. Can't put toothpaste back in the tube.)
Tiger Woods is hoping so.

This is beyond a low blow by CW. It's a shot to the jugular of Pete Carroll. I for one don't think it's anyone's business who publicly recognizable figures do or do not sleep with. I hate that every politician, celebrity, or sports figure is raked over the coals for things they do in their private lives. Let's remember that most of the greatest leaders this country ever had at one point cheated on their spouses. This country would not even exist had it not been for the efforts of Thomas Jefferson, Benjamin Franklin, and Thomas Paine, adulterers all (and Paine was a wife beater and drunk to boot).

cant stand carroll

after he threw that late pass a week ago......i say way to go charlie

I think some of the comments made in this thread sound a lot like something CW might have said to a reporter.

of the story is the revelation that Charlie is married. MARRIED!!

What kind of self-loathing, trough-filling battered woman would agree to live with this beast? I'm stunned.

On top of that, they have children! Picture in your mind Charlie Weis in sexual congress with a member of the opposite sex. . .Oops! I just threw up in my mouth!

I really laugh at guys like Weis. He comes from the Parcells' school and he does know his football, but as is the case with a lot of these guys, they try to emulate their mentor in more respects than is sensible.

Parcells is an A-Number One prick, but he knows his stuff and can back it up, so I give him some leeway (although I think it really shows a lack of class) when it comes to his verbal bashing of just about anything. Weis is also an A-Number One prick (and this little incident pretty much puts this quality in the no-brainer category for Charlie) with nothing to really back it up.

Charlie will go back to the pros and be a solid co-ordinator.

Let's see here. Charlie Weiss, while not pretty to look at, has always seemed to me to be a pretty honorable guy. He's never sugar coated a loss and three weeks ago said that he would certainly understand if ND fired him. He's got six years of contract left to be bought out on which means he'll walk away with about twelve Safeway paper bags full of $100 bills.

He gives an off-the-record interview and says what he thinks about Pete Carroll. Big deal. A moderately good, overweight lineman walks away from Notre Dame with enough cash to live forever. I say way to go coach!

Top Bottom