In case you didn't think Nuhbraskduh fans are arrogant...

Reaction score
Read this. Although I can't dispute many of his claims. Particularly those regarding that 84-13 game as well as the passive-aggressive bit. Actually, he's pretty nice to us in a condescending way. If you want over the top arrogance, though, read this site's writeups of some of the other BT teams. Not to mention their underlying attitude taht the BT should be begging Nowledge U to join.

If you take the history of our last 40+ years, it is hard to not be arrogant when comparing yourself to the Gophers, especially if your team has had success at Nebraska's level. We are due for a string of good luck... heck, we were due twenty years ago.

Holy buckets

Let me drop the sarcastic tone for one quick second here. That was one of the most intelligent articles I've read in a long time. And he's completely right...

Alright, back to sarcasm

The National Championship belongs to Nebraska

until proven otherwise. Get used to the overwhelming arrogance of Husker fans, there's a bunch around here and they truly believe that first statement.

It's all they have, so let them have it.

The Article is Accurate

Holy buckets

Let me drop the sarcastic tone for one quick second here. That was one of the most intelligent articles I've read in a long time. And he's completely right...

Alright, back to sarcasm

I don't have a problem with the article at all. Let me put it this way...if you switched the Gophers record for the Huskers record over the past 40 years, are you telling me you would not hear this or a lot worst from Gopher supporters? Switch roles are we would probably be pretty arrogant.

I don't have a problem with the article at all. Let me put it this way...if you switched the Gophers record for the Huskers record over the past 40 years, are you telling me you would not hear this or a lot worst from Gopher supporters? Switch roles are we would probably be pretty arrogant.

Heck, there are some on this board who are more arrogant than that even with the Gophers record over the past 40 years.

Nebraska is not fit for the Big Ten and will never join the Big Ten. The school substantially lowers the Big Ten's academic profile and has about 40 people living in the state so it will contribute nothing economically. It is a pipe dream for Nebraska fans to think they will ever be suitable to join our conference.

In case you were not at the 1983 game

Lets go to the tape. This broadcast was out of Omaha with Bob Devaney doing the color commentary. You will see or remember seeing Fryer the wing back being wide open and running through the defense. He went on to a long NFL carreer with the Eagles. Mike Rozier is involved only early, but he went on to a Heisman and an NFL carreer with the Houston Oilers. The offensive line had Dean Stienkuhler at OT who went to Houston of the NFL. Tuner Gil was not that bad as a QB. He went on to coach at Nebraska, and now is at Kansas. And unless you look real close on defense the middle guard or nose tackle is Robbinsdale Armstrong's own Ken Graeber.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TF_94kfQv_4&playnext_from=TL&videos=kmtWOpHAihY

Don't think Minnesota was the only team that got creamed. Nebraska opened the Kick Off Classic that year beating Penn State 44-3. Syracuse at Lincoln 63-7, Iowa State 72-29. This was the year they played Miami in the Orange Bowl and lost on a two point try that went off Jeff Smiths shoulder pads. Final score Miami 31- Nebraksa 30.

Osborn coached teams were all about execution. Blocking, tackling, timing, sequencing. And they always played to win the game. They ran the ball so effectively, that teams had 9 in the box, leaving the middle wide open.

From 1970, they won National Championships in 1970, 1971, 1994, 1995, 1997. In every year they we either in the chase, in a major bowl game, and every year the biggest game of the year was Oklahoma v Nebraska. That's were Keith Jackson made his mark. With the big ugglies and fumblrooski.

I see nothing wrong with the article and from what I've heard Nebraska fans are some of the friendliest around so not sure why the hate?

I don't see anything wrong with this article. Nebraska football was nothing special until Bob Devaney took over. He built a solid base and continued to improve on that base. Osborne took it a step further. Great teams that were schooled in the fundamentals. Great walk-on program and one of the first schools (at least in my memory) to really concentrate on red-shirting.

I see nothing wrong with the article and from what I've heard Nebraska fans are some of the friendliest around so not sure why the hate?

It's easy to be mean when nobody knows who you are.

I kind of like Nebraska. But they do have a contingent of their fan base that is completely delusional about the strength and security of the Big 12. And that's annoying.

Overall, I admire their passion and positive attitude. I mean, they edged out Kansas State (four wins against D1-FBS teams, and not bowl eligible) to win the Big 12 North title. I don't think that means they are "back" like many of their fans would contend. But a little excitement certainly doesn't hurt.

I mean, they edged out Kansas State (four wins against D1-FBS teams, and not bowl eligible) to win the Big 12 North title. I don't think that means they are "back" like many of their fans would contend.

No kidding, and they actually lost to Iowa State! Can you believe that?!? Who do they think they are?

What about us USC? Isn't USC more arrogant?

Hi Gophers. My first post. Looking forward to coming to town when you guys play SC September 18th. This stuff about Nebraska arrogance, yeah somewhat. However, in the two years we just played them (2006 & 2007) I was on their board regularly and there was a coterie that was arrogant but the overwhelming majority were very nice to me. Funny, most of their posts were about how arrogant SC was! Yeah, some of us are, and perhaps I am one of them, but I try not to be. If I sound that way, I don't mean it. I go back a long way in college football. You had a guy named Bobby Bell from North Carolina in the mid 1960's that I followed when he was a Gopher. He was AA and the Gophers were good back them. One thing I can honestly say about your team, I love your school colors!

Fight On!

I couldn't care less about Nebraska in terms of Gopher football. They are a nearly unrelated matter as far as I'm concerned.

Top Bottom