impressions from practice (loyalty perk)

book

Best players - Carr and Orturo with Gabe they will score a lot.

Pleasantly surprised with Greenlee - quick little guard - played well

Williams, Demir, Willis will play a lot. Inhen has a great looking shot and he will develop into a very good player. Suprised by Orturo's long range shooting and ball handling skills. Omersa still can't shoot but plays OK under the basket. Hurt is Hurt and he will provide some minutes. Lots of long range shooting with Carr being able to get his shot at any time. looks like a fun squad to watch - not a Big Ten champ but a team that will improve...

EG#9

Thanks so much for sharing. These are the type of posts that keep me checking this forum.

howeda7

Williams, Demir, Willis will play a lot. Inhen has a great looking shot and he will develop into a very good player. Suprised by Orturo's long range shooting and ball handling skills. Omersa still can't shoot but plays OK under the basket. Hurt is Hurt and he will provide some minutes. Lots of long range shooting with Carr being able to get his shot at any time. looks like a fun squad to watch - not a Big Ten champ but a team that will improve...
Is Omersa's FT shooting any better?

Is Omersa's FT shooting any better?
Nearly an impossible thing to see until games start. Guys who are terrible FT percentage shooters in games will still be at minimum 70% in practice (even Omersa).

Thanks for post about practice. Will be a really fun team to watch develop and grow.

SelectionSunday

Thanks for the intel. Good stuff. My early impression from reports on Carr is that he's more likely to be a shoot-first PG? Any thoughts on that?

Omersa must shoot free throws well or he cannot be on the court. Hope he has that issue fixed. It was his obvious area of opportunity in the off season. Coaching staff certainly has that as a priority for his development.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nooram

Leave my member out of it!
My experience:
Overall, the team brings good effort. Tre, Jarvis, Greenlee, Willis, Hurt all get after it on defense. They did a lot of 2 on 2 work on offense and defense and built up many of the drills progressively to 3 on 3, 4 on 4, then 5 on 5. They split the group up into post players and outside players, for offensive moves/shooting drills. Hurt, Ihnen, worked with both groups. Ihnen is exciting to see - so long and athletic with a good shot. Not sure he will play a ton, as he was not as effective during the 5 on 5 full court scrimmage - a little lost and easily pushed around. But we are still a month out from real games so a lot of time to get used to the pace and intensity of games.
Tre, athletic and occasionally out of control.
Marcus can get his shot anytime, will occasionally frustrate, but more often surprise.
Payton, Greenlee, Gabe - each solid, quiet, driven dudes who will make the right plays.
Hurt is Hurt - will play, but hardly noticeable. Great teammate.
Jarvis - a worker and a communicator. And athletic as all get out. I so want him to be successful.
Isiah - sexy player - oozes superstar potential
Freeman - still figuring out what to do. Good effort and solid body.
Demir - slighter body than I was expecting. Will be solid
Oturu - will be studly
Curry - present and walking with little limp.

With the athletes and the effort we could be a decent defensive team, which could turn into easy transition buckets (if we rebound well). Offensively, we struggled in 5 on 5, but it was a small window for which to make judgment.

bga1

Someone has a man crush.... [emoji8]
The allure of Ihnen is that a 6-8 athlete like that who can shoot it and run the floor would be a difference maker on this team if he can get up to speed by the time the Big Ten schedule arrives.

BleedGopher

Administrator
I was not there but a good buddy of mine was, here are his texts:

- Willis looks like every bit the shooter Gabe is
- Greenlee looks very solid. Not tall but strong and athletic with good shot and does't make mistakes
- Ihnen potential is off the charts
- Omersa looks a little better but still don't expect much offense
- Not wowed by Demir. Maybe against a smaller team. We need Curry
- Tre has a good build and decent shot. Should play. Car, Willis, Gabe, Oturu are all really solid.
- Oturu was shooting well from outside. and all of our big guys look like they can handle the ball well. Some very impressive ball handling by the bigs on full court one on one.

Go Gophers!!

JimmyJamesMD

- Greenlee looks very solid. Not tall but strong and athletic with good shot and does't make mistakes
- Tre has a good build and decent shot. Should play. Car, Willis, Gabe, Oturu are all really solid.
- Oturu was shooting well from outside. and all of our big guys look like they can handle the ball well. Some very impressive ball handling by the bigs on full court one on one.

Go Gophers!!
I'm hoping that Omersa is a better, more athletic Miles Tarver. Not every player needs to be a scorer. Good teams have players that do the dirty work too.

Mulligan

Thanks for the reports. Curry "present and walking with a little limp?" Dare I hope or has something definite come out?

nooram

Leave my member out of it!
Thanks for the reports. Curry "present and walking with a little limp?" Dare I hope or has something definite come out?
All Pitino said was that they were getting a second opinion and confirmed he had a "setback."

SelectionSunday

Go Gophers!!
Thanks Bleed.

Not wowed by Demir concerns me quite a bit, especially in light of Curry injury. Hoping frontline doesn't up being Oturu and a prayer (Hurt, Omersa, Demir, etc.).

whalenfan

Thanks Bleed.

Not wowed by Demir concerns me quite a bit, especially in light of Curry injury. Hoping frontline doesn't up being Oturu and a prayer (Hurt, Omersa, Demir, etc.).
I wasnt there yesterday but i was at another practice and Demir is never gonna "wow" anyone. I worry about his defense but offensively he'll help for sure.

theczar

Demer look at what he did ,who he did for and who he did it against...nothing on his resume to support a serviceable big ten starter. Maybe ok off the pine

MDGopherFan

Thanks Bleed.

I saw Demir in a game last year with Drexel. I wasn't impressed at the end of the game, but that was an n of 1. Hopefully he can adjust to Big Ten and contribute but I'm not going to hold my breath. I go into season with low expectations but with hope he will surprise

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Latest profile posts