I'm Freaking Dying Here, Maaan

Any frequent travelers out there know if there's any chance I'll be able to watch FS1 from a Delta plane? My flight is basically from beginning to end of the game....

I think you’re out of luck. My recollection is that they have ESPN, ESPN2 and the NFL Network along with the national broadcasts like Fox and CBS. I don’t recall FS1 on Delta but I believe it’s available on Southwest.

I think you’re out of luck. My recollection is that they have ESPN, ESPN2 and the NFL Network along with the national broadcasts like Fox and CBS. I don’t recall FS1 on Delta but I believe it’s available on Southwest.

Actually just landed from Southwest. No FS1 either

Possibly the most meaningful thread ever on GH. I am so anxious for a 6-0 start, yet scared ****less of losing this game all in the same breath.

Possibly the most meaningful thread ever on GH. I am so anxious for a 6-0 start, yet scared ****less of losing this game all in the same breath.

Agreed.

I don’t even know what I will do if the season progresses and there are other exponentially larger games. I mean, my freaking eye exploded during that Michigan game in 03 and I had a red eye for two weeks. I dunno know man.

Last edited:

You and me both. I feel confident that things have improved in the team, that last year's Nebraska debacle will change the same as last year's Illinois debacle. But at the same time, if I had a nickel for every time I've been castrated by Minnesota teams when I show confidence, I'd buy Microsoft. I'm excited, but apprehensive also. I think PJ and his culture are making things different than anything we've seen in the past, thus I'm feeling more confident than teams/seasons before.

I've been at the Tenacious D: Master Exploder level of ampted since midnight. I've accepted that I won't sleep tonight.

Well the nice thing about the next bye week as opposed to the last bye week is that if we are 8-0 will be that we definitely be a top 25, maybe top 20 team and all we have to do is watch other teams ahead of us lose to move up in the rankings without the risk of losing ourselves or injuries. So that will give us something to root for.

I remember in the Tubby years in November and December in basketball when we would always make the top 25. Nothing more fun after a big win than rooting for teams ranked in front of you to lose. We got up to 13th one year and then 8th the next.

I was looking at the schedules of teams ranked ahead of us 15-25 and if every team ahead of us loses in games they are underdogs in by the time we play PSU, we would be about 18th.

if the gophers are ranked going into the next bye, they will fall in the rankings that week.

if the gophers are ranked going into the next bye, they will fall in the rankings that week.

I don't think so. Only if several teams from behind us get big wins and the teams they beat stay in front of us. We may get jumped by a team but there should be a few that also lose that would cause us to move up. There would have to be more teams from behind us that get big wins then losses from teams in front of us. And that would mean we would be undefeated through 10 weeks if we are 8-0 and IMO every week you go stay undefeated, it gets exponentially more impressive. There wouldn't be very many undefeated teams left after week 10.

Well, have to say that was one of the most fun Gopher games I've attended in person! Loved shutting the Huskers up fast and early. Crowd was feisty and the weather made it a memorable experience. Money very well spent to come back to MN for this one and CANNOT WAIT to be back for the Wiscy game!

To be honest, if we get to 8-0, I'm gonna have a VERY hard time watching that Penn St game on TV and not at TCF

Best part of the night: Huskers fans in front of us were leaving and this middle-aged woman turned around and said "You're annoying." (Btw, I didn't swear once all night and was never personal with one Huskers fan, but was just loud as hell all night).

I thought that being called "annoying" by a visiting fan was a true compliment. These reds shouldn't expect to come into our stadium and be comfy and enjoy getting stomped like that. That's college football on the road, baby.

Top Bottom