If Willis plays last night we win

Gopherfan1000

Reaction score
Marcus Carr had a phenomenal game overall. He was trying to do a little bit too much there at the end but he was absolutely gassed. Would have definitely helped to give him a couple breathers down the stretch. I don't think he makes those dumb mistakes and turnovers if he had a chance to get some breathers. The refs weren't much help either and very inconsistent. Willis could have also spelled Gabe who was off last night.

Need Greenlee to play 5-10 minutes a game, effectively.

Marcus Carr had a phenomenal game overall. He was trying to do a little bit too much there at the end but he was absolutely gassed. Would have definitely helped to give him a couple breathers down the stretch. I don't think he makes those dumb mistakes and turnovers if he had a chance to get some breathers. The refs weren't much help either and very inconsistent. Willis could have also spelled Gabe who was off last night.

Willis plays...we win.... without a doubt. all of the guards were toast.

Need Greenlee to play 5-10 minutes a game, effectively.
yup he should have been getting more run in all non-conference games for sure! Now we really don't know if we can trust him in big ten play. Especially with Willis out we needed him to spell the other 3 guards even for a few minutes.

If "ifs" and "buts" were candy and nuts, we'd all have a Merry Christmas.

I'd rather Willis play those minutes at PG once he's healthy.
for sure....but if any of Carr, Gabe, Willis or Williams gets hurt we will be in the same boat as last night....way too many minutes for those guys.....or even early foul trouble

and with a healthy Willis we can also get some run with Williams bringing the ball up as well

I just wish Greenlee had gotten more run before last ngiht to really know if he can be counted on or not

for sure....but if any of Carr, Gabe, Willis or Williams gets hurt we will be in the same boat as last night....way too many minutes for those guys.....or even early foul trouble

and with a healthy Willis we can also get some run with Williams bringing the ball up as well

I just wish Greenlee had gotten more run before last ngiht to really know if he can be counted on or not

Fair enough, but if Carr gets injured for an extended period of time, this season is over regardless of how much playing time we could have given Greenlee early on, so hopefully that doesn't happen. I'd be okay with subbing Greenlee in on defense in certain situations, but personally don't have much confidence in him offensively.

Fair enough, but if Carr gets injured for an extended period of time, this season is over regardless of how much playing time we could have given Greenlee early on, so hopefully that doesn't happen. I'd be okay with subbing Greenlee in on defense in certain situations, but personally don't have much confidence in him offensively.

agreed.

big picture Pitino sees Greenlee, just like Ihnen and Freeman, in practife everyday, and if they arent getting minutes he clearly doesn't think they are ready

but yeah even to save some energy in defensive situations for carr I think would help like you said

Based on very limited minutes for a freshman you don’t have much confidence in his offense?? Wow.

Based on very limited minutes for a freshman you don’t have much confidence in his offense?? Wow.

Correct. Not sure why that is a bold statement (or are you being sarcastic?). I didn't say he will never be a good offensive player, but at the current moment, I'm not confident in his offensive game. Neither is Pitino, or he would have played him more than 1 minute against Purdue in a game where Carr was exhausted and Willis wasn't even playing.

Do you know something about Greenlee that Pitino doesn't?

Top Bottom