If we can land a top coach we should do it

Back to the original question...

Yes, if a Tubby Smith was out there ripe for the picking, I would hire him.

Normally, I say that a coach needs a minimum of 4-5 years, but a huge opportunity shouldn't be passed up. But, I doubt there are any home run coaches out there just waiting to be hired by Minnesota and, we could only do the 3-year-and-out deal one time. The next guy would have to get at least 7 or 8 years in order for us to maintain credibility among coaching candidates - so we'd better be pretty darn sure about him. (its kind of like your own resume showing you staying at a job only a year - once is probably okay but the other jobs better last a while or you'll have a red flag).

How is that faint praise? The guy was a very good O-line coach. No way around that.

Although, given the fact that he is currently the O-line coach for Hawaii doesn't really bolster your argument.

Bo Pellini (or Bo, Woody, or Bear Bryant in the past) you would know anything Leach did was small potatoes compared to those hard asses.

Are you still contending they engaged a lock to keep the spoiled punk Adam James a prisoner in the building? That was all ESPN BS propaganda in first place. Adam James was a spolied punk with a corrupt, rotten power hungry father, who probably took all sorts of cash at SMU in the 80's. Why wasn't ESPN reporting on all of Craig James' meddling in early stages of this story? ESPN sucks; for good measure they should have asked James about the amout of cash sent his way by SMU boosters.

Get off your high horse, you are naive and ill informed to the realities of playing for some coaches.

Dude you're an angry fella, aren't ya? What reality and more importantly, what year where you born in? The overwhelming majoarity of coaches in college football are respectful of player injuries and will not punish them for being injuried. Also, it history revisionism (?) on Leaches part to throw Adam and his father under the bus AFTER he ordered the young man to placed in the whatever you want to call it.

Regardless of whatever Adam or his father said or did Leach was flat out wrong. With that being said he should be allowed to coach in college this year (just not at the U).

Top Bottom