If Rodney Doesn't Qualify

Reaction score
What do we do with the scholarship? (I think he will but just a interesting thought).

What do we do with the scholarship? (I think he will but just a interesting thought).

not trying to hate on you bro because you are usually pretty cool on here, but why even post something like this? a discussion thread in such a vein seems poorly thought out at best, unfair at this point to rodney and frankly it only invites many of our well know GH flamers to the fire.

:confused:

We'll get by with 12 on scholarship and figure out if Rodney comes in 2010 or if we use it elsewhere.

not trying to hate on you bro because you are usually pretty cool on here, but why even post something like this?
I understand it may not be a fun topic, but I've also heard that Rodney has quite a ways to go to qualify. We have to look at the very real possibility that he isn't at the U next year. Didn't the same thing happen with Marquis Gray on the football side of things this past year? (really highly rated recruit, didn't qualify?)

I understand it may not be a fun topic, but I've also heard that Rodney has quite a ways to go to qualify. We have to look at the very real possibility that he isn't at the U next year. Didn't the same thing happen with Marquis Gray on the football side of things this past year? (really highly rated recruit, didn't qualify?)

Not at all. Gray qualified, and then the NCAA clearinghouse raised issues about his test scores. The issues got resolved and Gray is now on the team and participating in Spring practices.

not trying to hate on you bro because you are usually pretty cool on here, but why even post something like this? a discussion thread in such a vein seems poorly thought out at best, unfair at this point to rodney and frankly it only invites many of our well know GH flamers to the fire.

:confused:

Look, I read Rodney's comments about his ACT and they weren't great. He thinks this is the time? That doesn't sound good to me. When Rodney arrives on campus I'll be as happy as anyone else and I never said he wouldn't qualify I said if and that I thought he would. Why is it unfair to point at him? He's getting a free education at a great school for a God-given talent. I just don't want to see him waste it. Plus, with Busch and Payton leaving the team it leaves scholarships, it was just a hypothetical question. Don't read too much into it.

Quite a ways to go? He needs to increase his score by 1 point to qualify. That isn't quite a ways to go.

Look, I read Rodney's comments about his ACT and they weren't great. He thinks this is the time? That doesn't sound good to me. When Rodney arrives on campus I'll be as happy as anyone else and I never said he wouldn't qualify I said if and that I thought he would. Why is it unfair to point at him? He's getting a free education at a great school for a God-given talent. I just don't want to see him waste it. Plus, with Busch and Payton leaving the team it leaves scholarships, it was just a hypothetical question. Don't read too much into it.

How is "I think this was the time" a comment that sounds bad? To me he is confident that he made it. He has to wait to get his score back just like everybody else so nobody knows for 2.5 weeks.

I suppose that comment can be taken two different ways. I'll go with your way of thinking grunkiejr.

I'm sure Tubby would simply leave an open schollie for next year. tough to fill a spot at this time with a quality kid, although things do happen.

Then we bring back Doug Wren. ;)

Top Bottom