If Oturu goes to draft, any impact bigs for Grad Transfer?

Otis

Reaction score
I know we don't have a scholly ATM, but who could we get to fill that Monster Hole?

Curry would be nice if he can rehab again, but I just don't know if it is in the cards for him.

I know we don't have a scholly ATM, but who could we get to fill that Monster Hole?

Curry would be nice if he can rehab again, but I just don't know if it is in the cards for him.
I have been thinking about this since the second half of the Michigan game when we had the Oturu scare.

We won't replace Oturu. We are just going to have to get better in as many other ways possible.

If he is gone the remaining roster looks like this:

Curry (maybe), Freeman
Omersa, Mitchell, Ihnen
Gabe, Williams
Willis, Mashburn
Carr, Greenlee

Under that scenario- I'd get a GT big and one more freshman- hopefully Walton.
Then you have to hope that Freeman improves dramatically and Ihnen and Mitchell get themselves ready physically to bang in the Big Ten.

If Curry can't go- then I'd be hoping for perhaps a JUCO kid and a GT to beef up the front line and again, hopefully Walton.

We have three scholarships open for 2020 with Mashburn and Mitchell signing to take 2 of those, the third is looking to be used on Walton. However, if we whiff on Walton, I would be in massive favor of a transfer big who can earn minutes right away. If oturu leaves, that puts us with only Omerssa and Freeman for physical 4/5 types

Luke Garza? He should be able to graduate this spring.....and hold off on the NBA....grad transfer here.

I don't see why he wouldn't

I think at this point you have to assume Curry is going to be done. Even if Freeman takes a big step and/or Mitchell is ready to go right away, you still need another big (if Oturu leaves). Hopefully it's a grad transfer or JUCO that can step in right away.

I sure hope Curry isn't done, but the front court is going to be a huge issue if Oturu doesn't come back. But trying to enjoy this year and very much enjoy watching Oturu play.

Top Bottom