IDEAS

Curseislifted33

Reaction score
in need of funny/cool sayings for next season involving:
the new stadium
hating on WI/IA
new overall fb team optimism/hope for non-fans
any other good ideas

these will be involved with the student body so there is nothing to inappropriate!
Thank you and goooooo gophs!

Poster for Air Force game:

Weber to Decker-
Bombs Away!

Here's a topic that

could really use a slogan. How to keep becky and pigeye fans OUT of TCF Bank Stadium.
Perhaps some of our less enthusiastic fan base could somehow be discouraged from
selling tickets to these perverts. It's a disgusting practice that needs to go away re-
gardless of how much these pimps make on the sale of their tickets. If I had more time
I'd tell them how I really feel.

could really use a slogan. How to keep becky and pigeye fans OUT of TCF Bank Stadium.
Perhaps some of our less enthusiastic fan base could somehow be discouraged from
selling tickets to these perverts. It's a disgusting practice that needs to go away re-
gardless of how much these pimps make on the sale of their tickets. If I had more time

Somehow I think if the Gophers started pasting Becky and Pigeye there would be less enjoyment and incentive to pay bucks to see your team lose and the practice will become less prominent.

I agree! I would like to see the ticket office set up a system where season ticket holders could sell their tickets online to other season ticket holders. Or a system where a person could pay $200 and that would give them access to these tickets.

Just an idea...any thoughts?

I agree! I would like to see the ticket office set up a system where season ticket holders could sell their tickets online to other season ticket holders. Or a system where a person could pay $200 and that would give them access to these tickets.

Just an idea...any thoughts?

I imagine that some kind of ticket exchange will happen down the road, especially if football starts selling out consistently. It would be helpful for both basketball and hockey.

One note: I went to the Gopher-badger hoops game at the Barn this year as I do nearly every year and there were very few Badger fans compared to past years. They had a good number of seats in the last couple rows of the upper ends but hardly anyone in the student section and only the occasional dot of red elsewhere. My point: winning teams cause our fans to turn out in better numbers.

I purchased a pair of tickets from a University of Michigan student for a game in the Big House and they have an interesting way a passing on tickets. For anyone else than a student to use a student ticket you must go to the ticket office and pay a $25 fee to get the tickets "validated" Thought it was interesting considering almost anyone coudl get into the dome with a student ticket.

I would hope if games get closer to sellouts that they would watch the student tickets more closely. Not sure if this same type of method could be applied to the regular season ticket holders.

Seems to me the issue could be resolved by giving each season ticket holder an ID card in addition to their tickets. In order to get in the stadium, the card has to be scanned along with the ticket. In cases where the ticket was scalped, the ticket must be brought to one of the ticket offices for validation, along with some punitive fee.

It's all about making the process more difficult and profiting from the Sconny and Pigeye bastards that want to wreck our flow.

I dont know the best way to keep them out, but we need to figure it out. I am going to lose my mind if there are more than a couple groups of red for that first badger game.

I would also recommend that a student group is formed to prevent students from bringing their HS friends from sconnie, iowa to the games. Start with passing out flyers on this issue, then continue it to starting something like "Don't Wear Red Week" The week leading up to the Wisky game, if you see anyone on campus wearing red, you must publicly call them out with an "F the Badgers" chant.....ok maybe that is a little unrealistic, but something to that effect would be cool. Same thing for "Dont Wear black n yellow week". For too long it has been accepted for all these people to come to our games. It needs to stop.

For too long it has been accepted for all these people to come to our games. It needs to stop.

There are 14,000 fewer seats. And these are 14,000 seats that were pretty much exclusively Hawkeye, Badger, Bison and Wolverine fans. So a huge part of the problem is already solved. We suffered from the problem that there was high demand and high supply at the dome. The on-campus, smaller stadium is less accommodating to Upper-Midwest tourists.

The key to keeping fans from oposing teams in their own small section (instead of all over the stadium like they were at the dome) is to further shrink their usual supply chain. Most season ticket holders are going to miss a game. The U should try to divert these tickets from re-entering the market. I think the U ticket office should actively pester people to donate tickets back.

It is better to see groups of kids wearing gold than drunken Badger fans. And considering the kids are really the ones who are going to be hit by this decade's tax burden, the least we can do is make sure they all see a game at the new stadium.

Another problem at the dome was that there were so damn many extra tickets no schools or youth groups had much interest in them .. they were too accessible. This will change with the new stadium too.

I really hope your right, and I like the ticket buy back system, the U or someone else should really do this.

Opposing Fans in the Stadium

Its laughable reading about all your solutions to keeping opposing fans out of the stadium. Yeah, it would be great if the stadium was full of gopher fans, but until there is enough interest by gopher fans to actually sell out the damn stadium, there will be opposing fans at the games. I've been to about 3/4 of the other stadiums/arenas in the B10, and paid as little as $3 for a ticket when their team is doing crappy, and over $100 for a ticket when their team is doing well. If someone wants to go to a game, regardless of who they are cheering for, they can get in...its just a matter of how much they want to spend. Most clowns from out of state won't pay the big bucks or won't make the drive unless they have tickets in hand. For a few years, the novelty of the new stadium will sell out the stadium. From there on, if the team is winning, gopher fans will buy tickets, and there will be few opposing fans. If they suck, it will be like the last 20 years, minus the 15,000 fewer seats in TCF compared to the dome. Its simple supply and demand. BTW... I'm THAT GUY at Camp Randall, Kinnick, Welsh-Ryan, Carver Hawkeye, Kohl, etc. who's decked out in gold, in the front row or student section or whatever and cheering for my gophers, while the hometown fans swear at me and tell me to sit down. Intead of bit**ing about opposing fans coming to our stadium/arena, how about you return the favor. And if the gophers would just win for once, other fans outnumbering us at our own arena would not be an issue. That's the end of my rant.

I agree with most of what youve said here M&G, I've gone to games at Camp Randall, Carver hawkeye, and the Horseshoe in Columbus. Sometimes its harder to get tickets than other times, but if you really want to get in and are willing to pay, yes you will get a ticket.

Obviously a winning program will solve most of these issues for us at TCF, but if we remain where we were for the end of the Mason era-ish, consistently putting together 8-4, 7-5, 9-3 type seasons, it would be nice to do our best to keep it very difficult for people from wisc, iowa to effortlessly buy tickets. For me, its not about keeping the die hard fans out, cuz they will still make it, but if we can keep the casual ones from coming in mass; that would be nice.

I also agree that its silly to sit and complain about these issues, but for too long I've gone to gopher football games, (even when were having good seasons, Maroney and Barber years) and had the dome split up with badger fans. So I don't think there is any harm in exploring ideas to help prevent this situation in the future. Obviously, if the gophers are coming off of back to back rosebowl appearances, I dont think we'll be having this conversation. But we don't have a lot of control over that, so I'd like to see TCF packed with as much maroon and gold regardless of our record.

Well said Uptown. Even in the Barber & Maroney years I don't think we finished above .500 in the Big 10. A winning B10 record would be a nice start to energize the fan base. After all the excruciating losses I've witnessed, I'm surprised that I've hung in there this long myself.

Top Bottom