Ideal Week 7 Outcomes - Your cheering Guide for this weekend

Otis

Reaction score
Gophers over Illinois - Duh! If you don’t want this get off our forum troll!

Penn State over Michigan - Beating a top 5 Penn State helps Gophers!

Maryland at Indiana - if a B1G East bottom dweller beats another in the woods is my wife still right? Well, yes but does anyone care?

MSU over Wisconsin - always root against the Badgers no matter what! I believe this is a MN fan requirement.

Nebraska over Purdue - need somebody to beat and bloody the Boilers! Might as well be the Huskers.

There’s you dream week 7 scenario!

Does Nebraska get to play in the United States and on Saturday like the big kids, this weekend?

How is it ideal that we play a tougher Penn State team? We need the big ten wins.

How is it ideal that we play a tougher Penn State team? We need the big ten wins.
We have to play Penn State one way or another, so may as well have their record be better so a wain boosts our resume even more, and a loss doesn't look as bad. I believe that's the logic.

How does them beating Michigan make them any more skilled as a football team?
Beating a top 5 team definitely makes you more skilled, or at least increases the team's perceived skill. That's the argument some are making for the gophers. I see both sides of this and honestly, I hate both these teams and don't care too much who wins. I would just rather have film on how to beat PSU, I think it ups our chances.
its the same exact team
Are we the same exact team after losing to Purdue?

Beating a top 5 team definitely makes you more skilled, or at least increases the team's perceived skill. That's the argument some are making for the gophers. I see both sides of this and honestly, I hate both these teams and don't care too much who wins. I would just rather have film on how to beat PSU, I think it ups our chances.

Are we the same exact team after losing to Purdue?
Same coaches and players last i checked? Mentally each game can do something to you i suppose so hopefully we're better as a result of losing to them.

Your missing the point.

PSU beats Michigan

PSU plays Gophers who lost to Purdue, who PSU beat.

And after that they play the Buckeyes!

You don’t think they may be thinking we got this and our big challenge is next week?

It’s a trap!

No, I see your point. My point it would be nice to have the extra ammo (film) to beat them. Don't really care about playing a beating team just so we get ranked higher. Need the big ten wins in order to secure our spot in the west. The rankings will take care of themselves.

You get good info from watching how a team fails against your next opponent too.

Better if it is a close game. Blowout film is useless sometimes.

Maryland at Indiana - if a B1G East bottom dweller beats another in the woods is my wife still right? Well, yes but does anyone care?
I guess I wouldn't mind Indiana getting some traction and confidence since we may need their help in the Old Oaken Bucket game.

We probably recruit against Indiana more than we recruit against Maryland.

Perception...its the same exact team but we want the better team on paper to boost perception
It's more than perception. The following scenario is the most likely path to the Rose Bowl for the Gophers:
  • Penn State beats Michigan and loses to Ohio State and Minnesota.
  • Michigan also loses to Ohio State.
  • Minnesota wins out but loses to OSU in Indy. Ohio State makes CFP at 13-0.
  • Now there's a three-way tie at 2 losses between Penn State, Michigan, Minnesota.
  • Minnesota likely gets Rose unless the bowl hoses the Gophers to take a bigger name.
We want to come out on top of any 2 or 3 team "tiebreakers" and avoid any us-or-them situations with a Michigan team the Gophers didn't play.

Them winning does make them tougher. They don’t level up with XP points. It makes their perception better. But it’s the same pig.

Top Bottom