Ice Fishing vs. Corn

CWCWCW

Reaction score
Had ESPN Gameday on prior to heading to the game. The crew is predicting outcomes for games today. When Minnesota vs. Iowa was brought up, there is a guy with a Georgia t-shirt on, and another weird beard dude along with Fowler, Corso and Herbstreit.

The Georgia dude picked Minnesota, Weird beard was clueless so picked Iowa because of corn. Corso picked Minnesota in an upset, and Herbstreit sounded as he could give a rats arse. He said "Corn vs. Ice fishing" and asked a cameraman who he liked.

Although this game is a favorite of mine, and many in our two states, nationally, it appears not much attention is paid.

Didn't really like the shot from Herbrstreit, but whatever. I'll have fun at the game today. I'm hoping for a win and my prediction for the day is out there just a bit. Wolitarsky with two catches. One of them for touchdown. Take that!

The funny thing about corn is... it's all they've got... and Nebraska does it better.

Not true. Iowa is the #1 producer. Minnesota is 2 and Nebraska is 3.

Too true, my friend. I guess what I meant there is that Nebraska embraces and owns the whole "Corn-culture" thing better (and more politely) than Iowa does.

Not true. Iowa is the #1 producer. Minnesota is 2 and Nebraska is 3.

Too true, my friend. I guess what I meant there is that Nebraska embraces and owns the whole "Corn-culture" thing better (and more politely) than Iowa does.

I'm getting sick and tired of these posters that feel the need to turn every thread into an agriculture discussion.

They husk it. Iowa just grows it.

Probably for the best. Wouldn't want too much Iowan hands on the corn we eat: I seriously doubt they wash their hands after using Metrodome bathrooms.

Had ESPN Gameday on prior to heading to the game. The crew is predicting outcomes for games today. When Minnesota vs. Iowa was brought up, there is a guy with a Georgia t-shirt on, and another weird beard dude along with Fowler, Corso and Herbstreit.

The Georgia dude picked Minnesota, Weird beard was clueless so picked Iowa because of corn. Corso picked Minnesota in an upset, and Herbstreit sounded as he could give a rats arse. He said "Corn vs. Ice fishing" and asked a cameraman who he liked.

Although this game is a favorite of mine, and many in our two states, nationally, it appears not much attention is paid.

Didn't really like the shot from Herbrstreit, but whatever. I'll have fun at the game today. I'm hoping for a win and my prediction for the day is out there just a bit. Wolitarsky with two catches. One of them for touchdown. Take that!

That Georgia dude was Bubba Watson. He seemed to have pretty strong takes on all the games, and I believe he picked Iowa not Mn.

I'm getting sick and tired of these posters that feel the need to turn every thread into an agriculture discussion.

We have corn fields on campus, ya know. And cows. If you tailgate at the fairgrounds, you can wave at them!

Mmmmmm. Corn.

Now, those "tavern" sandwiches they eat in Iowa are just weird. Like sloppy joes with no sauce.

Top Bottom