FIRST TEAM
Najee Harris, senior, Alabama; Breece Hall, sophomore, Iowa State

SECOND TEAM
Jaret Patterson, junior, Buffalo; Javonte Williams, junior, North Carolina

THIRD TEAM
Michael Carter, senior, North Carolina; Mohammed Ibrahim, junior, Minnesota

Press release from U of MN:

Ibrahim Named AP All-America

University of Minnesota running back Mohamed Ibrahim was named Third Team All-America by the Associated Press today.

He is also the first Gopher running back to be named an AP All-American since Laurence Maroney was slotted on the Third Team in 2005.

Ibrahim is the third Gopher to be named an All-American by the AP in the last two seasons. In 2019, defensive back Antoine Winfield Jr., was named First Team and receiver Rashod Bateman was named Third Team.

Ibrahim, who was previously named Big Ten Running Back of the Year and All-Big Ten First Team, led the conference in the following categories: rushing attempts (201), rushing yards (1,076), rushing yards per game (153.7), rushing touchdowns (15), scoring (90), points per game (12.9) and all-purpose yards per game (168.4).

Nationally, he finished third in rushing yards per games, fourth in points per game, fifth in rushing touchdowns, sixth in all-purpose yards per games and eighth in rushing yards.

Ibrahim, who played in all of Minnesota's seven games, set a school record with a rushing average of 153.7 yards per game and tied a school record with four rushing touchdowns in a one game (did so at Maryland and at Illinois).

In seven games, Ibrahim rushed 201 times (25th most in school single-season history) for 1,076 yards (23rd most in school single season-history) and 15 touchdowns (most ever for a junior at Minnesota and ranks fourth in school-single season history).

The Baltimore, Md., native also set a school record with eight straight 100-yard rushing games, which included the 2020 Outback Bowl and all seven games of the 2020 season.

In 28 career games, Ibrahim has rushed 517 times (12th in school history) for 2,840 yards (ninth in school history) and 31 touchdowns (sixth in school history).

Really, two running backs from the same team (North Carolina)? How odd is that? You wouldn't think there were enough touches for both of them to be named All American.

Really, two running backs from the same team (North Carolina)? How odd is that? You wouldn't think there were enough touches for both of them to be named All American.
I was surprised by that too. But if you look at their stats, they both had impressive seasons. I know UNC put up a lot of points (of course, they gave up a bunch, too). One had 1512 scrimmage yards and 11 TD and the other had 1445 scrimmage yards and 22 TD. That's nearly 3000 scrimmage yards between 2 RBs on the same team, in 11 games.

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/michael-carter-5.html

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/players/javonte-williams-1.html

Well deserved recognition for Mo!! He’s a great running back and if he stays two more years, he has a chance to be considered the greatest Gopher running back ever.

It is hard to imagine the numbers Mo could put up with a full season next year with another year of growth and development from our O-Line.

It also seems like he gets better every year. I can't wait to watch him next year - assuming he's back. If Dunlap and the yeti both play another year it could really be good.

Well deserved. Next year with a full slate and a full line....and he should repeat at least.

Mo is amazing! Well deserved! He can absolutely be better next year, especially like many have stated if we have a full complement of returning linemen.
Pretty hard to earn personal accolades on a losing team.
Mo did it without holes on the majority of his runs and on yards after contact.
He is not shifty, but has great vision, power, balance, and heart.
Really happy for Mo.
Selfishly, hope he’s back but unfortunately this honor probably hinders that decision some?

Mo is amazing! Well deserved! He can absolutely be better next year, especially like many have stated if we have a full complement of returning linemen.
Pretty hard to earn personal accolades on a losing team.
Mo did it without holes on the majority of his runs and on yards after contact.
He is not shifty, but has great vision, power, balance, and heart.
Really happy for Mo.
Selfishly, hope he’s back but unfortunately this honor probably hinders that decision some?
Not sure why this would impact his decision for next year either way?
It doesn’t impact his NFL stock at all to be 3rd team all American or just big ten running back of the year tbh

All indications seem to point to Mo coming back next year and that is awesome. I was super excited to see what he would do this year and he did not disappoint.

We should have an extremely experienced offensive line in front of him so if he can stay healthy for a full season the sky is the limit for him. He reminds me a ton of MB3 when he was here. Doesn't have breakaway speed but a really hard runner, tough to bring down, and not afraid to initiate contact with the defender.

Here's hoping he comes back to rewrite the record book in 2021. I think he is talented enough to do it.

Not sure why this would impact his decision for next year either way?
It doesn’t impact his NFL stock at all to be 3rd team all American or just big ten running back of the year tbh
Follow the money. You don’t think tons more people will be in his ear about getting paid. “Don’t waste your future. Now is the time! Running backs have short careers.”
“I can get you drafted in the 2nd round etc”.
Yadda, yadda...on and on....it makes a difference.

Follow the money. You don’t think tons more people will be in his ear about getting paid. “Don’t waste your future. Now is the time! Running backs have short careers.”
Damn agents looking out for themselves and not the players.

They weren’t doing that 3 days ago and they are now?

Mo coming back sets up our O for success especially if our O- line returns healthy.

FIRST TEAM
Najee Harris, senior, Alabama; Breece Hall, sophomore, Iowa State

SECOND TEAM
Jaret Patterson, junior, Buffalo; Javonte Williams, junior, North Carolina

THIRD TEAM
Michael Carter, senior, North Carolina; Mohammed Ibrahim, junior, Minnesota
Congratulations Mo Ibrahhim, one of the toughest Gophers to tackle I have seen in a long time. Everything Mo get's he earns.

Not bad for Fleck and his staff. Recruit and develop 2 All-Americans in four seasons. Add Winfield and he has 3.

Top Bottom