I was happy with...

Reaction score
Say something nice about the program and finish the sentence.

I was happy with...

The 4th quarter effort. They didnt quit.

I thought I tailgate party was wonderful...turkey with all the trimmings.

Thanks for keeping this weekly thread going. I doubt there will be a lot of positives this week.

I was happy with.....

Both sides of the ball in the second half. Offense moved the ball, defense made stops.

Nick Tow-Arnett. Made some big catches. We may miss him more than we think next year.

Our running backs. Yes, I realize our overall running stats were poor, but take away Weber's lost yardage due to sacks, and Whaley, Eskridge, and Bennett put up decent numbers. Plus, Hoese had a big game.

Here's hoping for a lot of positives the next couple weeks!

Penalties went from 17 vs. MSU to 3 vs. Illinois.

I was happy with the blocked punt.

I was happy with the band going into 'moustache alignment' when playing the 'Magnum PI' theme at halftime.

I was happy with:
Hoese bringing another element to the O
Nick TA coming up with clutch catches
blocked punt
the will to fight after getting down by 21 at the half, something that is very encouraging for the future
Weber's frank and honest postgame comments about his play, no excuses, no bull, plays weren't made, stupid decisions were, move on, learn and get better.
Young defensive guys showing up, Tinsley, Edwards, Cooper.
Cedric Mckinley had a really nice game

I was happy with...
-Fisch using our FB in the 2nd half
-the Gophers owning Ill in the 2nd half. (We win if we show up in the first...1 more stop on any drive and we win).
-the awesome 3rd and 24 conversion in the 3rd Q to T-A. That was a big league throw and catch!
-the blocked punt...making plays to win games. Didn't quite make it on the on side kick or make 1 more play....tough to swallow.
-RFr making the play on the blocked punt...boads well for the future.
-Waley looks to be a good RB. Runs with a reckless...hard to tackle attitude.
-halftime adjustments

I was happy with . . . the whole game day experience (except the final score).

As I told a friend of mine, this was the kind of game that would have ruined my entire weekend and a good portion of the following week had it been at the dome. The tailgating with good friends before before and after the game, the incredible weather at OUR stadium and watching the game with my 12 year old son makes the day as a whole a positive experience.

Years from now, I will have forgotten the final score. But the memories of taking my son to his first game at TCF Bank Stadium will stay with me until the grave.

Hopefully for his second game this Saturday we can get a win. But even if we don't, I will be smiling again on Saturday night.

The mimosas before the game and Brandon Green. He seems to be just a real solid, reliable WR. Wish we threw to him more.

The running backs.
Also thought Ced played well (especially early vs the zone read).

I was happy with

seeing the fans who'd left before the end of the game trying to figure out what was going on when we blocked the punt and brought the score back to within 3.

I was happy with the Walleye fingers. Maybe over priced fish sticks, but damn they hit the spot

I was happy with my cigar choice for the tailgate.
I was happy with the beautiful weather.
Happy and impressed with the paratroopers!
Happy with the second half effort and the Iowa loss.

Top Bottom