I was happy with...

Reaction score
You know the drill. Complete the sentence. You have to say something positive about the team/program.

I was happy with...Gray. He came in and seemed poised, though it did come against the second team.

I was happy seeing Weber on the sidelines for once & Gray running a series........

....Simoni Lawrence. He seemed to be making more plays than in previous weeks, more like last year.

.....Gray. He looked pretty smooth passing, and is not afraid to finish strong on his carries. He is a lot of fun to watch once he gets past the first line of defense.

. . . . O-line play. We averaged 4.1 yards per rush against what is supposed to be the best D-Line in college football. I'll take 4.1 any day, especially against OSU. Our O-line is not bad at all. The talent is much better on the O-line for the first time since Eslinger and Setterstrom. The adjustments are coming around. Between new personnel, new coaches, new schemes, and some injuries, - it was bound to take some time. Now we just need to get the coaches committed to running more.

...the defense holding the score to 7-0 at the half. You can't ask for much better when on the road at OSU.

I haven't had time to watch my 'tape' (aka DVR) of the game.

this comment about the OL...flies in the face of some of the 'sky is falling' and Davis isn't a very good coach talk I've read.

Hmm....maybe it does take more than 1 year to have Fisch and Davis to get things rolling.

From what I know and read...I liked the D in 1st half....not sure what happened in the 2nd.

Beat Sparty! (Hopefully they have a hangover after the Iowa game).

GM

I am happy with how well we played in the first half.
If you are going to condemn Brewster and the entire program based on how they played in the 2nd half then you have to give them equal credit for how well they played in the 1st half.

I was happy with our rushing yards per attempt:

M. Gray 11 runs for 81 yards (7.4 ypr)
K. Whaley 7 runs for 31 yards (4.4 ypr)
D. Bennett 4 runs for 14 yards (3.5 ypr)

If Whaley and Bennett can get into the habit of running 3.5+ yards per run, then we should really start handing it to them at least 10+ times each (assuming we're not behind so far that we've abandoned the run)

that statement would be legit if football games were only 30 minutes long, or if bowl game bids were influenced by halftime scores. The defense at least played very well for the first half. But tOSU made adjustments, we didn't. That's on the coaches. And Stoudemire's fumble on the 2nd half kickoff took the wind out of everyone's sails. Tressel knew to go for the jugular right after that. Hindsight is 20/20, but #11 should have been benched for the game after he mouthed off to a coach on the sideline. Obviously his head wasn't in the game after that incident.

Im happy with our new stadium, the product on the field is another answer.

Top Bottom