I just don't get!!

Bayfieldgopher

Reaction score
We finally show a good ground game is Fisch calls three straight passes and walla------punt and our frazzled D is back out there again.

We finally show a good ground game is Fisch calls three straight passes and walla------punt and our frazzled D is back out there again.

I'm assuming you were talking about the 3 and out prior to NW scoring the go-ahead TD at the end of the 3rd quarter. If yes, it would be important to note that Fisch didn't call 3 straight passes. He called a run for the 2nd down play and Weber audibled out of it when NW showed an all out blitz:
Jedd Fisch might have been the least favorite guy in Minnesota when Northwestern sandwiched two long touchdown drives around the Gophers' 26-second possession late in the third quarter of Saturday's game at Ryan Field.

Well, we're here to tell you that Fisch, the team's offensive coordinator, isn't to blame. He called a good game and was not responsible for momentarily abandoning a successful running game on the road at the worst time.

"The fault is on me for that one," quarterback Adam Weber said after the Gophers' 35-24 win. "I changed the second play. I came off to the sideline and was talking to coach Fisch. And he was pretty upset that we [threw it three times]."

Fisch said, "We're rolling here and we go and do that?"

Thanks for the update. Nice to know those things and some good reporting by someone. Great to see us double up the TOP in the second half mainly due to our ability to run the ball. We certainly need more of that.

Top Bottom