I get married next Saturday, but all I can think about is September3rd.

Reaction score
I'm getting goosebumps thinking about the Kill era starting. I seriously put more time around planning the opening Saturday than I have my wedding/honeymoon :), so I'm just wondering, what does everyone else have planned for September 3rd. What types of beers will be in your fridge, chips, or going out...ahhh, I just want to crank up the final countdown and get this game going already :D

Our daughter is getting married on September 30th, a Friday. She made sure to not schedule it on a football Saturday, although I'm missing out on the Michigan trip. She's marrying an NDSU grad, but he likes Gopher games. Her priorities are somewhat in the right order.

Our daughter is getting married on September 30th, a Friday. She made sure to not schedule it on a football Saturday, although I'm missing out on the Michigan trip. She's marrying an NDSU grad, but he likes Gopher games. Her priorities are somewhat in the right order.

She's marrying Lakesbison?!!?!

I keed, I keed.

Congrats to your daughter and congrats youngstowngopher! I'm always happy to see more love in the world!

I can only assume this is a sarcastic post. If not-man, I love the enthusiasm, but interesting priorities my friend...
I'm getting goosebumps thinking about the Kill era starting. I seriously put more time around planning the opening Saturday than I have my wedding/honeymoon :), so I'm just wondering, what does everyone else have planned for September 3rd. What types of beers will be in your fridge, chips, or going out...ahhh, I just want to crank up the final countdown and get this game going already :D

I can only assume this is a sarcastic post. If not-man, I love the enthusiasm, but interesting priorities my friend...

It's not too much of a stretch my dude. I barely did a thing for my wedding. I pretty much locked up the tuxes for the guys/fathers and showed up to the thing (oh, forgot to add I also PAID for it).

Youngstown, I don't have any plans except planting my arse on the couch, with hopefully a few family members and watching my first Gopher HD game (got the HD tv for Christmas). I might get HD cable just for the season, although that means I'll have to sacrifice a few other things. We'll see.

I got married at the Metrodome. I get ya. Teflon sky and all.

Congrat's YG. Since it's an away game I will be at Nutty's in Sioux Falls, hanging out with many new Gopher friends!

Congrats!

First time i will be inside of the coliseum so I'm fired up! No Idea what the pregame meal will be. Should be a blast!

You do have a signed pre-nup right? The "Massey" pre-nup. Never get married in the fall, ( Football and deer hunting) Always splash ovaries between the 4th and labor day. You may have a conflict with NFL draft and the fishing opene rbut hey, that's a rough ride on a plowed field which always break water, life is about proper planning. Peace out!

Congrats!

I am still toying with the idea of trying to get there in person on Sept 3

Give it about a year -- your grace period -- and then about that time your wife will start telling you what you can and can't do. Enjoy your last year of true freedom!

I'll be there in person cheering those Gophers on!
Congrats on getting married!

18 holes in the morning. Ribs or Ribeye on the grill. Good friends and Jack Daniels by my side. Go Gophers.

Give it about a year -- your grace period -- and then about that time your wife will start telling you what you can and can't do. Enjoy your last year of true freedom!

Not if he's good and shows his wifey the greatness that is the Golden Gophers.

I've been married going on 4 years now, and I turned my wife from a Wisconsin girl to a full fledged Minnesota girl. She loves hitting up the games with me when I have an extra seat and she loves her maroon and gold.

Not once has she in the past or will she ever, tell me what I can and can not do when it comes to football.

I plan on sitting my butt in the bleachers of the coliseum after tailgating with one or two of Southern California's finest barley pops, grilling some kobe beef sliders, checking out all of the wonderful USC "scenery" and figuring out how the heck I am gonna make it to the Twins game with all the traffic.

Here is the true interpretation of SS's quote: In due time, you will get seriously outvoted 1-1 on your choices.

Not if he's good and shows his wifey the greatness that is the Golden Gophers.

I've been married going on 4 years now, and I turned my wife from a Wisconsin girl to a full fledged Minnesota girl. She loves hitting up the games with me when I have an extra seat and she loves her maroon and gold.

Not once has she in the past or will she ever, tell me what I can and can not do when it comes to football.

I had one season ticket in 1997. I started taking gopherfaith to games in the fall of 1998 with son #1, age 4 months, in tow--paying for another seat in our 90% empty section. In 1999, she asked me to buy another season ticket. Then came the Penn State game, and she was full-fledged hooked. We now have 6 season tickets (my brother buys one from us), we go to road games and bowl games, all the Gopher luncheons and events and football season is the best season.

She was born and lived on the west coast and had never been to a D1 football game until '98. Now, Gopher football is a way of life. Heck, she's now on the GLC board of directors! We have 5 kids that are all Gopher fans--and will pass that down to their kids.

Make GGFB a part of her life, and it will pay off for you both. OK, sappy time is over.:cry:

I will be marrying a great girl on Saturday. She is from Scotland, so she follows Minnesota athletics with me :)...she is a HUGE SOCCER fan but learned America Football pretty easily. She has gone to a Gopher football game with me a few years ago at Bowling Green, and a hoops game at tOSU. She was an athlete at Youngstown State, swimming (thats how she ended up here), so during her time the coach said no wearing any other university shirts or colors, but since she is graduated and now done swimming, I got her a STROKE THE POST shirt to present her with the night of our rehearsal dinner!!!

Oh, that's great... And since I've got Scottish blood in my veins I can also say you made a great choice.

For me, I am looking forward to watching the opener at the cabin. I basically always am in a great mood up there and find it easy to get my drink on when I'm there. I love it up there in September and October but always have to pass it up when the Gophers have home games. I'll be giving up HD but gaining a view of the water out the window next to the TV.

I will be marrying a great girl on Saturday. She is from Scotland, so she follows Minnesota athletics with me :)...she is a HUGE SOCCER fan but learned America Football pretty easily. She has gone to a Gopher football game with me a few years ago at Bowling Green, and a hoops game at tOSU. She was an athlete at Youngstown State, swimming (thats how she ended up here), so during her time the coach said no wearing any other university shirts or colors, but since she is graduated and now done swimming, I got her a STROKE THE POST shirt to present her with the night of our rehearsal dinner!!!

Good man, that's awesome!

I had one season ticket in 1997. I started taking gopherfaith to games in the fall of 1998 with son #1, age 4 months, in tow--paying for another seat in our 90% empty section. In 1999, she asked me to buy another season ticket. Then came the Penn State game, and she was full-fledged hooked. We now have 6 season tickets (my brother buys one from us), we go to road games and bowl games, all the Gopher luncheons and events and football season is the best season.

She was born and lived on the west coast and had never been to a D1 football game until '98. Now, Gopher football is a way of life. Heck, she's now on the GLC board of directors! We have 5 kids that are all Gopher fans--and will pass that down to their kids.

Make GGFB a part of her life, and it will pay off for you both. OK, sappy time is over.:cry:

Dude, that's good stuff. Especially about the GLC thing. That reminds me.. Do you know a Dave Larson? Older fella that lives around St. Paul (by the fairgrounds)? I ask because it was through him and his connections (he's friends with just about every coach in MN HS football) that got me hooked up with the GLC. He knows a few of the people that help run the GLC, and possibly knows your wife.

Anyway, I need to get re-registered. My wife has worked 2nd shift the past 5 years and was never able to make the ladies dinner thing Brew put on (or was that the GLC?). Just this past week she was permanently moved to 1st shift and has been asking me about the ladies dinner. I told her I assume it was a GLC organized event and we had to be members. She simply told me to get registered. lol

Ha ha...I lucked out here too. My wife isn't a huge sports gal and she doesn't come to a lot of games, but when she does she's always decked out in M&G and always has a great time. The rest of the time? As long as I'm willing to do what's needed on Sunday I can have all of Saturday for college football on TV. Plus she's cool with me road tripping up from Madison for approx 4 Gopher games a season. This year I convinced her that I should get 7. @USC, Miami (OH), NDSU, @Purdue, Nebraska, Iowa, Wisky. I had to pick between @Northwestern or @USC (some choice) but I think I can convince here that @Northwestern is a steal the week of the game.

The only thing she has made clear to me is that I have to go to Turkey Day with her fam in Cincy. Sometimes (like last year) that means I miss out. Other years it doesn't matter. And if the Gophers and ever playing to clinch a B1G title or Rose/BCS berth I've made it clear that I'm catching a flight from Cincy to Minny on the Friday following Thanksgiving. ;)

There's nothing wrong with having big dreams.
Some of us got lucky I think. I don't get to do whatever when it comes to football, but as long as I'm willing to compromise/sacrifice on other things I'm given a lot of flexibility on Gopher sports. She caught on early that I was nutso about sports and ever more psychotic about Gopher sports. She enables the habit rather than fighting it.

Top Bottom