I am the one who knocks

diefirma

Reaction score
I read somewhere on the web that this is the slogan the defense (or perhaps the entire team) has adopted for itself this season. If you are not familiar with the quote, it is from the TV series Breaking Bad. The past couple of games the scoreboard has posted a message to the effect "Can you hear the knocking?" Here is a link to the scene or just google "I am the one who knocks"

I love the slogan. NMS and WM opened the door and got blown away. It is a message to the rest of our schedule, as Walt, the main character in Breaking Bad says "I am not IN danger, I AM the danger". The Gophers are a danger to other teams' hopes and dreams. I think that is true and I love the swagger.

Your thoughts?

Note: If you are not familiar with "BB" here is a very short synopsis. Walt, a chemist, is diagnosed with terminal cancer. To make enough money to pay for his treatment and to provide for his son and wife, Walt starts making meth. The meth operation grows into a large criminal enterprise with Walt at the head. His wife, not realizing how big the operation has become or how evil Walt has become, asks him to quit. In the linked scene above, Walt answers his wife. The scene is very well acted and Walt is truly a scary guy - just like the Gophers are a scary good football team.

This analogy makes the rest of the West to be Skyler...

1662907018969.png

Did we not run that clip at the game a few years back?

There are a lot of iconic moments in that show, very well written and acted.

I mean Walt is wearing a maroon shirt. Obviously he is a Gopher fan.;)

Top Bottom