Huskers Finish Ahead of Gophers?

Gophergrandpa

Reaction score
This Nebraska writer has the Huskers finishing 3rd in the B1G West; Gophers in at 4th. Sometimes I think we on GopherHole get a little carried away with optimism for the future, ignoring the reality of the recent past. But then I go read some Husker stuff and feel better about us.

Most writers have Gophers 4th or 5th, betting markets see us as a clear preseason #3

I'm surprised Northwestern has longer odds than Nebraska. I think the Cats are a good value bet but Illinois residents can't bet on them.

(btw, saying "Vegas" to refer to the sports betting industry now feels like an anachronism)

Most writers have Gophers 4th or 5th, betting markets see us as a clear preseason #3

I'm surprised Northwestern has longer odds than Nebraska. I think the Cats are a good value bet but Illinois residents can't bet on them.

(btw, saying "Vegas" to refer to the sports betting industry now feels like an anachronism)
The cats are going to be awful this year on offense. No QB

Historically when they have bad QB play the win 3-7 games under Fitzgerald

Too bad you can't bet on MN finishing ahead of Nebraska.

Here’s another Husker predicting that Nebraska rises up in the West by beating Minnesota (and Iowa). If annual records were based on history-free optimism, Nebraska would win the West every year. It is true that Nebraska often has the best 247 ranked recruiting class in the West (though WI passed them last year, I think), but Nebraska also wastes, misuses and chases away much more talent than anybody in the West each year. The Nebraska fans are such nice people, but …

Nebraska fans are really nice. Always treated me well. Great pre-game and post-game parties but they are fucking delusional.

Nebraska media always finds a way after another horrible season to excuse the past, justify the future, and see their way back to the Big Ten title. Most media there are all in on 8 wins (again).

This Nebraska writer has the Huskers finishing 3rd in the B1G West; Gophers in at 4th. Sometimes I think we on GopherHole get a little carried away with optimism for the future, ignoring the reality of the recent past. But then I go read some Husker stuff and feel better about us.
Can't see Nebraska finishing any higher than 5th. Frost has already lost more games than Reilly did in three years and one of the seasons was cut short by four games.. They're a four, maybe five win team this year with that schedule and after this year they will have lost 4/5 to us and have a losing record vs Minnesota since joining the Big ten.

They lose the first game of the year in Champaign. Rooting for that one!

Top Bottom