How will we do with our portal additions?

What grade do you expect?

• Total voters

Updated Roster - Not Bad

Hawkins
Asuma
Mitchell
Betts
Garcia
Fox
Grove

*Christie
*Transfer
*Transfer
*Transfer
*Transfer
*Transfer

*How many of these spots do we fill?

Updated Roster - Not Bad

Hawkins
Asuma
Mitchell
Betts
Garcia
Fox
Grove

*Christie
*Transfer
*Transfer
*Transfer
*Transfer
*Transfer

Until we have a reliable big who can at least rebound, I'm refraining from the Minnesota "not bad" approval rating. Fox coming back is getting it close, though.

Updated Roster - Not Bad

Hawkins
Asuma
Mitchell
Betts
Garcia
Fox
Grove

*Christie
*Transfer
*Transfer
*Transfer
*Transfer
*Transfer

I’ll say 4 and we get Mr. Mean from Canisus which would allow us to have a stretch 5 and still have enough on the boards.

I’ll say 4 and we get Mr. Mean from Canisus which would allow us to have a stretch 5 and still have enough on the boards.
I'd take him. We have to find a way to get a guy from out of the weeds like San Fran did last year with the big bruiser that they got from Missouri State. I think the guy averaged around 8 per game at Missouri St while averaging almost 15 at San Fran - got 21 and 10 against our Gophers.

One thing Ben has going for his this year is a core roster that can help him recruit kids. Fox, Hawk, Garcia, Christie, Mitchell and Betts all can speak to why they stayed and about how they feel about the future. I am having a new surge of hope with the guys putting their chips all in. It is still tough to see Payne go, but maybe we will make an overall improvement as a team.

It is still tough to see Payne go, but maybe we will make an overall improvement as a team.
if raynaud can return to stanford, perhaps there a chance payne returns to the gophers?

or were bridges burned?

Ok time to make a list of “best options” that are somewhat realistic taken from MN list of contacts. After watching them play all year (O'Brien, Hugley) and highlight tapes (Gray, Fitzmorris) here is my ideal roster with enough bulk at all positions, and conceivable rotations:

Hawkins PG
Christie CG
Garcia PF
Mitchell SG
Fox PF
Betts PF
Asuma PG
Grove PF
Reader F

Additions:
John Hugley F (Okl)
Isaiah Gray CG (Cornell)
Luke O’Brien PF (Colo)
Keenan Fitzmorris 7’ C (Stanford/StonyB)

This group would contend for Big Ten regular season championship imo. I don't want to hear from the pitchfork crowd that it can't be done, and CBJ stinks. Will it happen? Unlikely, possibly? This is the funny season, and the next few weeks will be certainly interesting.

Ok time to make a list of “best options” that are somewhat realistic taken from MN list of contacts. After watching them play all year (O'Brien, Hugley) and highlight tapes (Gray, Fitzmorris) here is my ideal roster with enough bulk at all positions, and conceivable rotations:

Hawkins PG
Christie CG
Garcia PF
Mitchell SG
Fox PF
Betts PF
Asuma PG
Grove PF
Reader F

Additions:
John Hugley F (Okl)
Isaiah Gray CG (Cornell)
Luke O’Brien PF (Colo)

This group would contend for Big Ten regular season championship imo. I don't want to hear from the pitchfork crowd that it can't be done, and CBJ stinks. Will it happen? Unlikely, possibly? This is the funny season, and the next few weeks will be certainly interesting.

Like the positivity. Life is hard enough without walking around like -

IMG_4402.jpeg

Like the positivity. Life is hard enough without walking around like -

View attachment 31006
Thx. That roster as seen would be seriously Big Ten ready and a step up. A selling point in itself. Fitzmorris looks better than Liam Robbins due to his ability to shoot, rebound, and use both hands, but runs the floor similarly. Gray is a physical tough rim attacker we need, and with his experience he is a step up from Carrington. (I like Braedon and will never forget his effort shutting down Tominaga to zero FGs. Too bad he opted out.). Hugley has been a beast while he was a Pitt and OU. He is where Payne should have been for us next year. Not perfect but a nice physical presence in the lane, and a decent passer. O'Brien is exactly the type of PF MN needs. Older, more physical, good passer, can score opportunistically and very good defender. Asuma could get minutes behind Hawkins, enough to satisfy a freshman, while Mitchell plays about the same minutes, maybe a bit less but on a better team would still contribute a lot. Christie develops without trying or needing to do too much. Fox is a blast of energy whenever MN needed it.

Thx. That roster as seen would be seriously Big Ten ready and a step up. A selling point in itself. Fitzmorris looks better than Liam Robbins due to his ability to shoot, rebound, and use both hands, but runs the floor similarly. Gray is a physical tough rim attacker we need, and with his experience he is a step up from Carrington. (I like Braedon and will never forget his effort shutting down Tominaga to zero FGs. Too bad he opted out.). Hugley has been a beast while he was a Pitt and OU. He is where Payne should have been for us next year. Not perfect but a nice physical presence in the lane, and a decent passer. O'Brien is exactly the type of PF MN needs. Older, more physical, good passer, can score opportunistically and very good defender. Asuma could get minutes behind Hawkins, enough to satisfy a freshman, while Mitchell plays about the same minutes, maybe a bit less but on a better team would still contribute a lot. Christie develops without trying or needing to do too much. Fox is a blast of energy whenever MN needed it.
Thanks for the research. More than I could do. I have no idea whether it is realistic, but aspirations are a helpful start.

Until we have a reliable big who can at least rebound, I'm refraining from the Minnesota "not bad" approval rating. Fox coming back is getting it close, though.
I'm still withholding my "not bad" rating but it is getting close. The ambiguity of Christie and the lack of portal guards has me hedging and moving the goalposts. But I sure like a beefy 6-8 rebounder. I hope he stays out of foul trouble.

Roster is set, now we go fill it up - I’m sensing 2-3 commitments next week.
I'm still withholding my "not bad" rating but it is getting close. The ambiguity of Christie and the lack of portal guards has me hedging and moving the goalposts. But I sure like a beefy 6-8 rebounder. I hope he stays out of foul trouble.

One down Holy Roller and 1-2 more coming up this week 🤞

Hawkins PG
Christie CG
Garcia PF
Mitchell SG
Fox PF
Betts PF
Asuma PG
Grove PF
Reader F

Additions:
John Hugley F (Okl)
Isaiah Gray CG (Cornell)
Luke O’Brien PF (Colo)

OK, Frankie Mitchell is an even get with Hugley who's off the board. Now get Gray, O'Brien, Fitzmorris and we'll be Big Ten top tier!

Top Bottom