How much better?...

Schnauzer

Pretty Sure You are Wrong
Reaction score
Will this look/sound on Saturday compared to the echo-filled dump?....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5_M9bsIgOY

The whole thing is very well put together and well performed. The dome, blue seats, etc. just sucked the life out of it.

Much, much better. The pregame will be heard on all sides of the field, the sun (even if behind clouds) will look so much better on the uniforms, and the sound will be crisp and loud due to the no-dome. I can't wait, especially as a former member. If anyone has any time during the day of festivities, they should check out the band's inspection (wherever/whenever it is). One of the cool things about being in Northrop was the excellent location for inspection - right on the front steps overlooking the Mall. Great colors with all the foliage there, too. I would assume it will be outside the band entrance in the colonnade now.

It was a loaded question. I am sooooooo looking forward to it.

The accoustics in the dump were just plain awful. Add to that a P.A. system that rivaled bus stations, warehouses, heck sounded like a bad drive through. The awful blue seats, the gray of the roof it was anything but exciting. Then words like sterile, cold, and lifeless come to mind. That was and still is a nighmare of 28 years. Anywhere in Minnesota would have been better.

To think the stadium won't be rocking when they form the M, is foolish. Less P.A. is better. Let the band do its thing.

The Band watched the tape from the pregame and halftime "dry run" that was performed on Saturday during the viewing party, and it sounds a hundred times better than it did in the Dome, even on the recording.

Yeah I'll admit it. Season ticket holder for 8 years and have never seen the pregame band. I've only seen the team come out of the tunnel.
Reasons?
1. Tailgating
2. Band sounds terrible in the dome.

I think I will have to cut our tailgate short this week (since we are starting at noon) and make it in the stadium and watch the whole pregame.

The 1000 "M's", being on campus (and likely with more students in attendance), maroon seats, outdoors, etc will add much, much excitement. The only negative is open air will mean less noise (as in effecting opponent's play calling).

We finally will be able to hear the band, even you're on the opposite side of the field as the band!

We won't have the sound chamber that the dome was, trapping the sound and making it louder, but there still be plenty of sound. I think that TCF will be louder than a non-conference game at the dome would have been. The fans at non-conference games at the dome tended to be not all that enthusiastic, even if the opponent was pretty decent.

TCF does not swallow sound it captures it

I fully expect with the seats closer to the field, being able to hear the band play, the scoreboard with it's good sound system that this new place is going to get pretty loud and pretty often will be intimidating and hard for the other team to hear. Just wait until all of the people are in the stadium and then the sound will really stay in, Saturday is going to be something to capture and remember for a long time sound wise, just like being able to smell the tailgates.

There is nothing like the roar of the crowd in an outdoor stadium. Its sponteous, erruptive, and thunderous. The Bowl end should be impossible for opponents. But that's the fans duty. If the Stadium is the Bank, the Bowl end should be the vault. Nobody enters the vault.

Top Bottom