How many wins do coaches need to keep jobs

Mean Joe

Reaction score
In my opinion if the gophers do not win 6 games and go to a bowl game it would be in the schools best interest to go with another head coach. This is the coaches 5th year and they have never been able to put a above average offense on the field. I see Michigan as a good example of just what a new head coach can do for a program. Granted we are not Michigan but we should still expect better.

I see these coaches as Kill's coaches , and as long as they are here it will feel like we are missing a head coach. I think Claeys is a great coordinator, but I would not be excited if he was the head coach. All I would be able to think would be is that he should be up in the box and Kill should still be on sideline. Kill built a lot of momentum for the program, and if we keep these coaches around I fear we would lose it all.

That being said I am excited to see the offense the rest of the season. The coaches know there jobs are in danger so i am expecting them to call a borderline "reckless" offense to show that they are capable of running a offense that can score points.

We lose the momentum if we don't hire Claeys. If you like the direction Kill was taking this program, Claeys makes sense. If you want to go in another direction, you go with someone else, but you lose the momentum.

In my opinion if the gophers do not win 6 games and go to a bowl game it would be in the schools best interest to go with another head coach. This is the coaches 5th year and they have never been able to put a above average offense on the field. I see Michigan as a good example of just what a new head coach can do for a program. Granted we are not Michigan but we should still expect better.

I see these coaches as Kill's coaches , and as long as they are here it will feel like we are missing a head coach. I think Claeys is a great coordinator, but I would not be excited if he was the head coach. All I would be able to think would be is that he should be up in the box and Kill should still be on sideline. Kill built a lot of momentum for the program, and if we keep these coaches around I fear we would lose it all.

That being said I am excited to see the offense the rest of the season. The coaches know there jobs are in danger so i am expecting them to call a borderline "reckless" offense to show that they are capable of running a offense that can score points.

This is the only statement that makes sense to me. Building a contending team is quite a bit easier when it's stocked with 4* or better recruits. Minnesota is starting to get quality recruits now with three solid 4* commits next fall and by my count 4 current Kill recruited players who have received a 4 * rating on the team. This coaching staff is a big reason for this and I feel is crucial for continuity and stability of the program. I'm in the camp who believes this staff deserves an opportunity before looking for a change.

We lose the momentum if we don't hire Claeys. If you like the direction Kill was taking this program, Claeys makes sense. If you want to go in another direction, you go with someone else, but you lose the momentum.
Too early in the program to dump it and go through the whole rebuilding mess again - look at Nebraska after firing Solich; they are now on their third new coach, with less than sterling results. Give Claeys and gang a few years to continue the buildup - if it doesn't work, hire somebody else. I have a hunch this good ole boy from Kansas has the moxy that Kill and Patterson, two other Kansas boys - have.

6 wins, this year? You want Claeys with a depleted team, Jerry gone... to take two games from Michigan, Ohio St, Iowa, Illinois, Wisconsin? Everyone has down years dude.

You mean next year right?

Next year's schedule is WAY more favorable. 6 minimum makes sense there.

My measuring stick would be more geared to maintaining recruiting....

Top Bottom