Horton's e-mail

AhliBobwa

Reaction score
I e-mailed Horton and told him he owes it to the players to play Gray at QB, in order to develop him for next season. I informed him that I sympathized with his impending joblessness, but that he really owed it to the players and fans to give Gray some reps at QB.

[email protected]

Feel free to do the same.

lol I think its funny that you still acually think that gray is worth a darn at QB or that you still think Gray will be playing QB next season.

wake up! these guys have to win football games to keep food on the table do you really think that if gray was doing awsome at qb in practice he would still be playing WR?

lol I think its funny that you still acually think that gray is worth a darn at QB or that you still think Gray will be playing QB next season.

I think it's funny that you have 20 posts, are probably an obese PantherHawk type, and would rather troll than be constructive.

I guess we all have different ideas of humor.

No offense AhliBobwa, but did you honestly think an e-mail to Horton was going to make any difference in anything pertaining to the Gophers?

No offense AhliBobwa, but did you honestly think an e-mail to Horton was going to make any difference in anything pertaining to the Gophers?

Not at all. That's not really the point. I am thinking that maybe Horton is bitter, I mean, the guy gave up a safe job to take a job he immediately lost. I sympathize with that.

That said, the Gophers are reeling, and it's hard to watch. Getting Gray game reps would be a positive development out of this season. As there are very few of those, I'm willing to accept the derision of trolls on the very small chance that enough e-mails to Horton would make a difference.

I don't expect it to make a difference, but it's the only constructive thing I can come up with to do right now.

I don't expect it to make a difference, but it's the only constructive thing I can come up with to do right now.

And that's where you're wrong. It isn't constructive. It would be completely destructive in dozens of ways.

I love these type of posts where rubes actually think emailing the coach or AD will make a difference. :clap:

When was the last time a coach mentioned in an interview that he changed his mind about playing time or game plan based on the suggestion(s) from the fanbase?

Erin Andrews: "Coach Dantonnio...what made you call for the fake field goal to beat Notre Dame?"

Dantonnio: "Well Erin...I got an email from an obsessed fan this week that was analyzing Notre Dame game film and he said they're vulnerable on field goal attempts between 30-40 yards so I figured what the heck....he probably knows more than I do..."

I love these type of posts where rubes actually think emailing the coach or AD will make a difference. :clap:

When was the last time a coach mentioned in an interview that he changed his mind about playing time or game plan based on the suggestion(s) from the fanbase?

Erin Andrews: "Coach Dantonnio...what made you call for the fake field goal to beat Notre Dame?"

Dantonnio: "Well Erin...I got an email from an obsessed fan this week that was analyzing Notre Dame game film and he said they're vulnerable on field goal attempts between 30-40 yards so I figured what the heck....he probably knows more than I do..."

Great post Art. :clap:

She's hot.

I think it's funny that you have 20 posts, are probably an obese PantherHawk type, and would rather troll than be constructive.

I guess we all have different ideas of humor.

Yep hit it right on the head.

I will remeber that post count = validity.....

If you ever were part of one of these team you would understand that the best guy for the job is the guy playing.

."

Because that's what I said constanzaface. You clearly didn't read the part where I said I did NOT think it would make a difference.

Why are you so pathetic? You don't like the Gophers, no one here likes you.

I'm thinking you are a constanza-like in all things, except minus the charm.

Yep hit it right on the head.

I will remeber that post count = validity.....

If you ever were part of one of these team you would understand that the best guy for the job is the guy playing.

Yeah, obviously, which is why I supported Weber being the starter after spring practice. I didn't say Gray should start. I said he should get reps at QB, whether he's ready or not, because the Gophers are going to need him to be ready next season.

The reading comprehension on this board is absolutely horrendous.

Because that's what I said constanzaface. You clearly didn't read the part where I said I did NOT think it would make a difference.

Then why did you send the email?

Yeah, obviously, which is why I supported Weber being the starter after spring practice. I didn't say Gray should start. I said he should get reps at QB, whether he's ready or not, because the Gophers are going to need him to be ready next season.

The reading comprehension on this board is absolutely horrendous.

What I am saying is that Gray is a better asset at WR so that is were they will keep him.

I like him! See, you are always wrong.

The guy is busy job hunting, building his resume, trying to burn all ties between himself and tim brewster all while game planning to avoid another 50 point score and his 19th straight loss as a HC. Do you really think he has the time to read e-mails from AllyWhineWhine from gopherhole? Grow a pair and quit snibbling.

I just e-mailed Jeff Horton and told him he could have a great career as Robert Duvall's stunt double.

So predictable! Here's the part where PantherHawk uses one newly created alias to support a point made by another newly created alias.

Here's why PantherHawk is really dumb. If he had any kind of attention span, he would build up aliases over time, to give himself credibility. The problem is, he can't ever make it more than 3 or 4 posts before he blows his cover as a troll.

Pathetic, sad, and more than a little bit funny.

And yeah you're right, sending an e-mail is the equivalent of crying. Great call.

Send him an email wishing him luck in whatever future endeavors he chooses to pursue. I am sure there are a number of opportunities that await him in both the hospitality and food service industries.

I think it's irresponsible not to have another QB ready to play. What if Weber was injured and couldn't play?

Save yourself the time and don't send an email. It won't get read or responded to by the coach. Trust me he doesn't care what you think. He will do what he believes is best.

Gopher It: We will deal with the "what if" when and if the ''what if" happens.

Gagliardi did once

Gag changed QBs at the request of players - I know, because my brother was on that team.

The guy is busy job hunting, building his resume, trying to burn all ties between himself and tim brewster all while game planning to avoid another 50 point score and his 19th straight loss as a HC. Do you really think he has the time to read e-mails from AllyWhineWhine from gopherhole? Grow a pair and quit snibbling.

Yes, he's busy. But he's also out there running around like a cheerleader instead of a focused head coach, letting a sorry excuse for a punter take long snaps during an actual game and refusing to dole out on-field discipline for players making ridiculous mistakes or fake tackling. He's part of the "there are no consequences on this team for poor play and effort" problem and offers not a glimmer of hope for the future. Just exactly what kind of coaches do you think surrounded Mr. Motivation? Well, exception made for Ted Roof, who took it on the lam the first chance he got, in fact had the good sense not to go along with Brewster's childish coaches' "Goldout" a couple of years ago. For crying out loud, you're as likely to see this bunch of phonies-masquerading-as-coaches marching around the sidelines exhorting the crowd as working out necesary game adjustments. But at least they can stick to their game plan, infantile as it may be.

This is what it is, a really crummy, poorly practiced, ill-prepared football team getting its teeth kicked in and Horton, Cosgrove, et al can share the blame. Please, Maturi, run each and every one of this can't-be-trusted-to-teach-football bunch out of here the moment the final buzzer sounds. Then take a long look in the mirror, pen your own resignation and grab the first flight to Hibbing. Right is right and it's what you deserve for your part in this program's latest debacle.

So instead of emailing coach/AD/etc... Trolling on a forum is a much better option how?

D O U C H E nugget.

Top Bottom