Hope Springs Eternal; I Remain Hopeful; Hope For a Big Change This Year!

DL65

Reaction score
As always, I hope and I imagine we'll have a winning season this year. Seven games remain on the schedule with some exciting games in store for the players and fans. So, Rog, (from an earlier thread) you can count me among the half-full group.

The big change I hope for this year is steady improvement as the team marches toward a winning season. Last year, we started out 7-1 and then the bottom fell out. The 2008 season was not an anomaly, however. Frequently we witnessed Gopher teams starting fast, especially through the non-conference schedule, only to collapse in late October and November. Our most heated rivals always reference our quick starts and the poor finishes. It's the expectation game.

Hawkeye fans are excited about this year's edition because they're undefeated; usually they struggle in the early going and then finish strong. Last year's Hawkeye team is a good example of finishing the year strong with steady improvement. Their upset win over Penn State in November was huge, but it was not as large as some would surmise or totally unexpected. Their final half of the season and bowl win proved they were one of the top teams in the Big 10 at season's end, if not the top team.

For once, I want to see similar growth, development, with a strong finish this year. The season is not over. It's up to the coaching staff and players to make this a memorable season. It's a true test of the players character and attitude. It's the coaches responsibility to make sure they prepare the players properly so that they're in position to win the upcoming battles.

As I said earlier, hope springs eternal and I remain hopeful!

Go Gophers!!

i am kind of playing out the string with this group

9 defensive players are seniors and they will be gone obviously......i would like to see some of the youngsters play a little more

if and when we get good most of this offensive line will not be on the field

to me I am hoping for victories yet realizing most of the brewster recruits are freshmen or redshirt freshmen

meaning .............this team was sooooooo dam bad when he took over it's going to take 5 years.....as long of a wait as that is

we were just physically man-handled the whole second half yesterday......clay is fat and slow and we couldnt stand up physically

It could happen...

And I very much hope it does as well.

I feel the same, DL. I hate coming on here after a loss, too much negativity. To the point where I have no energy to post because I honestly believe we can and should win every game every week and we don't, excruciatingly. Nonetheless, an new week is a new week. Watching that game was frustrating as hell, but I really love our players, even the ones that don't play so well. I hope and pray that this season takes a couple steps forward after one step back, because I don't want to see a hasty decision resulting from poor play put this program in another black hole.

My only concern from here on out is retention of this coaching staff. We need continuity.

Top Bottom