Hoosiers go with Curt Cignetti from James Madison

fmlizard

Reaction score

Good hire. But hard to see how they crack the top 10 in the Big Ten on a regular basis. The same can be said for a number of teams.

This conference is bonkers though, right? Every time you turn around some top coach is coming here from somewhere!

Good hire for Indiana, bad move for Cignetti. I think he could have done better.
Power 5 job in one of the premier conferences in college football. Going to a place with minimal expectations for success so you know you will have time to get your systems in place.

He maybe could have landed a more high profile job but he maybe didn't want to be at one of the more insane schools where you can get canned after a couple years if things don't go great.

With conference realignment it's pretty much the Big Ten and SEC now as the clear top 2. Big XII and ACC are clearly numbers 3 and 4. No brainer to make the jump if your goal is to coach at the highest level.

Power 5 job in one of the premier conference in college football. Going to a place with minimal expectations for success so you know you will have time to get your systems in place.

He maybe could have landed a more high profile job but he maybe didn't want to be at one of the more insane schools where you can get canned after a couple years if things don't go great.
Fixed it for you...

Good hire. But hard to see how they crack the top 10 in the Big Ten on a regular basis. The same can be said for a number of teams.
I think it's more of the Top 4-5 and then about 8-9 teams all within a game of each other, and 5 really bad teams. There will be about 8 teams that could argue they are #6 each year.

Watching his press conference he comes off as an arrogant dick, like IU was lucky to get him. He does have good credentials though.

If I read correctly that he is 62
This hire makes a lot more sense of how they got him and why it makes a lot more sense that he would jump on Indiana and the pay day and not wait for a better job that he could probably get if he waited a 1-3 years

Top Bottom