Homeless Guy Poses As USC Player For Days, Eats Meals, Hops In Jacuzzi, & Tried To Field Punts

Doesn't seem that crazy. When I'm at practices I've heard coaches ask players what their name is ... I wouldn't be able to keep track of everyone in that mass of humanity.

I’ve been laughing at him trying to field punts for 24 hours. On and off. Its incredible.

So, when will the Disney movie release come out?

In the Rudyesque movie version, he makes the team.

Sounds like he got in the building through a cracked door that normally would have required fingerprint authentication to get in. As long as he looked decent I could totally see him getting away with eating meals and using some of the facilities. Because it is tough to know who everyone is and the assumption just gets made that if they are in the building they are supposed to be there.

Dumb move on his part to show up at practice though. Assume he tired to pose as a manager or something when fielding punts and those groups would have quickly spotted someone who wasn't supposed to be there.

If it was a chance to watch the USC Song Girls practice I would take the same risk.

Right now you could pull this off in our basketball facilities. Anybody ask who you are and just say you are new transfer from some mid major.

"Hey who are you?"
"Uhh, I'm the new guy. Just got off the bus from Quinnipiac."
"Oh, sorry, sounds good, here's your jersey, you'll be starting at PG."

It would be like a real life Willie Mays Hayes situation.

I once ended up in press box at the Dome during a Gopher Football Game. I saw Sid go in and something came over me to follow him in, I was lagging about 30 seconds behind him so it didn't look too obvious. A few looked up when I entered and i just grabbed some- there was no security checking creds when I entered and no signage that I saw when I entered. I watched a series and since there was no food or beer that I could swipe, I left.

I had better luck when I crashed a company's holiday party in NYC where Los Lobos was playing. It was a hang out of mine, not my regular; i consumed 2 drinks and several apps before "Jim from Accounting" was fired from the party.

I once ended up in press box at the Dome during a Gopher Football Game. I saw Sid go in and something came over me to follow him in, I was lagging about 30 seconds behind him so it didn't look too obvious. A few looked up when I entered and i just grabbed some- there was no security checking creds when I entered and no signage that I saw when I entered. I watched a series and since there was no food or beer that I could swipe, I left.

I had better luck when I crashed a company's holiday party in NYC where Los Lobos was playing. It was a hang out of mine, not my regular; i consumed 2 drinks and several apps before "Jim from Accounting" was fired from the party.
I always liked at the dome how the press box was open and folks standing up there would chat with them. Felt more connected to all that.

It's like it was a way to get some food and a place to stay but then he started wondering if he had a shot.
I 100% think him chilling there is awesome. Pretty nice spot, food, showers, companionship. But the fielding punts is hilarious.

Good for him. On my Gopher Equipment Manager for a Day experience I was 1 for 4 on punt returns. And fell in the end zone. At least the band cheered.
Highway,

How did that happen. I think I can speak for the class and say we need more of this cool story.

Txs.

anyone have video of this dude just strutting out there to field punts?

I played one year of organized football and was the kicker. LOTS of downtime. Learned how to long snap with the long snapper cause well, he also had lots of downtime.

Top Bottom