Homecoming Weather Vs Illinois

GopherWeatherGuy

Reaction score
The weather doesn't look too bad by kickoff on Saturday. It will rain late Friday night into Saturday morning. It should dry out by kickoff, with mostly cloudy skies and a high temperature around 60. The wind will be out of the west around 10 mph.

Perfect football weather. I actually like it better when it is cloudy.

Go Gophers !!!!!!!!!!!!

It will still feel cold after the rain. But Sweatshirt weather for sure.

We may get a swirl of wind in the Upper Visitors side in 211.

I'll make sure Mrs. Billd is prepared....

As for me, sounds great.

The weather doesn't look too bad by kickoff on Saturday. It will rain late Friday night into Saturday morning. It should dry out by kickoff, with mostly cloudy skies and a high temperature around 60. The wind will be out of the west around 10 mph.

Hope so but my hopes are dwindling.

Both NWS and WU are saying rain until late PM and NWS is calling for wind gusts up to 30mph.

Sometimes those 50s and dreary games are the "coldest" games if only because folks don't come prepared.

Warm socks, light gloves ... maybe hand warmers for some folks wouldn't hurt to bring.

The forecast has unfortunately so far been holding solid with rain or showers through pretty much the whole tailgate and game. Our pansified fan base with their Metrodome memories don't exactly come out in force for the games in the rain, unfortunately. I'll be there either way but dang... I hope the forecast of rain goes away.

On the bright side, the link has no chance of snow.

I'll be watching this one from my couch, and rainy or snowy games can be fun to watch. I just hope it isn't so wet that the Gophers can't throw to set up the run.

Feel like a sloppy track also favors our overall size advantage and really mitigates their couple of guys with a ton of speed. Though who am I kidding, feel we’re far better in any conditions and hopefully the guys on the field show ot

Snow is preferable to rain.

Only if it eventually melts.

Actually for watching a game I would tend to agree if the temps are less than 55 or so, unless it's really light.

I like this link better myself, bit easier to read: https://forecast.weather.gov/MapCli...PX&textField1=44.9618&textField2=-93.2668&e=0

Looks like 100% chance of rain both Friday night and Saturday. I have a feeling it's gonna be rainy the whole tailgate and game, and certainly not warm (but not cold by any means). It is homecoming, but with a lower level opponent, I don't think it's gonna sellout. We'll see, hope I'm wrong.

Last edited:

I like this link better myself, bit easier to read: https://forecast.weather.gov/MapCli...PX&textField1=44.9618&textField2=-93.2668&e=0

Looks like 100% of chain both Friday night and Saturday. I have a feeling it's gonna be rainy the whole tailgate and game, and certainly not warm (but not cold by any means). It is homecoming, but with a lower level opponent, I don't think it's gonna sellout. We'll see, hope I'm wrong.

If chains are falling from the sky, count me out.

forecast for Saturday seems to be solidifying into a rainy tailgate, but clearing and switching to showers in time for the game, where there is a decent chance it won't rain at all during the game and the chance of rain declining throughout. It looks better than it did a few days ago. We'll see how it changes further over the next 48 hours. Hopefully the system will move more quickly where it rains over night into early Friday morning and then clears up. That's what I am hoping for.

forecast for Saturday seems to be solidifying into a rainy tailgate, but clearing and switching to showers in time for the game, where there is a decent chance it won't rain at all during the game and the chance of rain declining throughout. It looks better than it did a few days ago. We'll see how it changes further over the next 48 hours. Hopefully the system will move more quickly where it rains over night into early Friday morning and then clears up. That's what I am hoping for.

I hope you're right. My link says 100% chance of rain for Saturday.

I hope you're right. My link says 100% chance of rain for Saturday.

I think that is accurate, it is a 100% chance of rain. But the hourly forecast shows the chance of rain going from 68% at 6 AM, to 59% at 10 AM, to 50% at 2 PM, to 24% at 6 PM and then continuing to fall, into the night.

I think that is accurate, it is a 100% chance of rain. But the hourly forecast shows the chance of rain going from 68% at 6 AM, to 59% at 10 AM, to 50% at 2 PM, to 24% at 6 PM and then continuing to fall, into the night.

Gotcha, thanks.

Literally since the last time I posted, my source (Wunderground) changed up their hourly forecast for Saturday again. Now instead of rain turning to showers during the tailgate, they have it turning to showers by 8:00 AM and the hourly percentage chance of rain dips a bit further throughout the day. Their summary for Saturday now says: "Overcast with rain showers at times. High 58F. Winds S at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 60%."

So, another moderate improvement and in general the forecast for Saturday continues to look better (although the chances of basically an all day rain still remain).

Hitting 'refresh' on the forecast is waaaaay better than watching paint dry.

Hope it clears off. For the atomspheres sake. Would be nice to have an amped up crowd to cheer the team on

Literally since the last time I posted, my source (Wunderground) changed up their hourly forecast for Saturday again. Now instead of rain turning to showers during the tailgate, they have it turning to showers by 8:00 AM and the hourly percentage chance of rain dips a bit further throughout the day. Their summary for Saturday now says: "Overcast with rain showers at times. High 58F. Winds S at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 60%."

So, another moderate improvement and in general the forecast for Saturday continues to look better (although the chances of basically an all day rain still remain).

Hitting 'refresh' on the forecast is waaaaay better than watching paint dry.

As long as there aren't thunderstorms and that horrible lighting policy comes into play...

Looks like it will stop raining by 4 and the chances of precipitation are 45% at 2 and 35% at 3.

Still too bad that it will still scare off some people.

Looks like it will stop raining by 4 and the chances of precipitation are 45% at 2 and 35% at 3.

Still too bad that it will still scare off some people.

I think the rain is a bit north. 2nd half will be no rain. Will be windy though.

Maybe Illinois won’t feel like playing because of the weather and it will be a repeat of Purdue last year.

Maybe Illinois won’t feel like playing because of the weather and it will be a repeat of Purdue last year.

I remember thinking that after the Purdue game got going.

Man what a crummy day.... I guess they felt the same way.

What was worse last year weather wise, Indiana or Purdue?

Top Bottom