Hole Poll: What is your prediction for the USD game?

56-7 South Dakota should win pretty easily. This game should not even be very close.

45-10 Gophers.

South Dakota is more of a joke than NDSU and SDSU. That said, I don't think we're going to go in looking to cover a spread of any sort.

I expect much more passing as Brew tries to develop that game going into USC and give them something to think about. Then, when the Trojans get to MSP... we go back to running the ball down their throat and trying to control the clock.

It's all about developing enough of a passing game to convert on 3rd and 5 against legit defenses and put a few drives together, I think Horton realizes that and Brew is "all-in" with him at this point.

Gophers win 42-10. With the new focus on smash mouth football the undersized USD is unable to stop us and we roll unto victory.

42-10 Gophers.

I'm thinking smashmouth to a three possession lead and then work on the passing attack.

Gophs win big. Question for all the people who seem to think we should be using the USD game to "work on our passing game": Why on earth would you show USC anything more than you have to? Weber and the offense see better athletes in practice than they will on Saturday, so why run anything but base stuff? I look at this like a very watered-down MTSU game, in that I'd be pissed if we have to throw the ball.

Gophs win big. Question for all the people who seem to think we should be using the USD game to "work on our passing game": Why on earth would you show USC anything more than you have to? Weber and the offense see better athletes in practice than they will on Saturday, so why run anything but base stuff? I look at this like a very watered-down MTSU game, in that I'd be pissed if we have to throw the ball.

You can't sneak up on a team with ineffectiveness.

We're not working on trick plays, we're working on our ability to execute basic plays we need to be able to execute in crucial situations. USC isn't going to be exposed to anything they haven't seen before, and it won't change their preperation for us. It is crucial that we are able to sustain drives.

30-3 The U. An easy game with a modest score. Nothing in the 40's or 50's by design to not perk up USC's ears.

I think we could name our own score. USD will have more difficulty with our running game than MTSU had. MTSU had the speed to chase down our RB after they had busted it up downfield, I don't think that USD will have that speed. The clock-consuming running game will keep our score from getting ridiculous, although if we break a lot of long TD runs it could be a different story.

40-10.

I don't think the game will ever be in question, but I do not see the Gophers putting up a huge number...something like 27-10 sounds about right with the game being a bigger blowout than the score would indicate. It'll be interesting to see where the line is set...

I don't think the game will ever be in question, but I do not see the Gophers putting up a huge number...something like 27-10 sounds about right with the game being a bigger blowout than the score would indicate. It'll be interesting to see where the line is set...

Seconded. I'm surprised at how many people are picking the big win in the poll. I think it looked pretty obvious from the MTSU game that Brewster has no desire to do any more than necessary to win the game.
I still expect a comfortable win, but nothing in the 30+ point range that people are predicting. More smash mouth, similar TOP control, and hopefully we don't have ti throw more than a handful of passes after the first quarter.
28-7 Gophers.

45-7 Gophers. I think the D really dominates in this one and SD only scores a cheap one late against the 2nd team. Gophers run wild, but also throw the ball 25 times to prepare for next week. Minnesota has between 250-350 yards each in the air and on the ground.

Weber looks crisp and accurate.

49-0 Gophers

We run for over 400 yards on route to a good old fashioned tail whipping. Defense remembers how to tackle.

45-7 Gophers. I think the D really dominates in this one and SD only scores a cheap one late against the 2nd team. Gophers run wild, but also throw the ball 25 times to prepare for next week. Minnesota has between 250-350 yards each in the air and on the ground.

Weber looks crisp and accurate.

Too bad the D couldn't hold up. Offense looked ok though.

Top Bottom