Hole Poll: What Grade Would You Give Phillip Nelson In His Return From Injury?

Hole Poll: What Grade Would You Give Phillip Nelson In His Return From Injury?

• A

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • B

Votes: 4 3.0%
  • C

Votes: 17 12.8%
  • D

Votes: 70 52.6%
  • F

Votes: 39 29.3%

• Total voters
just saw this quote from the strib:

Asked if the hamstring affected him, he said: “Not really. Obviously I was just a little cautious at first, but once you get into the heat of the game, you just kind of forget about it.”

if this was how he felt going into the game, why was he starting??? fast starts in big games are huuuuuge especially at home. now i'm even more confused as to why he was in there.[/QUOTE

You don't know why he was starting??????????????????

You don't get it?????????????????

You are confused????????????????

I'm not at all surprised that you are confused...

Just WHO calls the shots around here anyway??????????????????

Think about it up north....just think about it.

just saw this quote from the strib:

Asked if the hamstring affected him, he said: “Not really. Obviously I was just a little cautious at first, but once you get into the heat of the game, you just kind of forget about it.”

if this was how he felt going into the game, why was he starting??? fast starts in big games are huuuuuge especially at home. now i'm even more confused as to why he was in there.[/QUOTE

You don't know why he was starting??????????????????

You don't get it?????????????????

You are confused????????????????

I'm not at all surprised that you are confused...

Just WHO calls the shots around here anyway??????????????????

Think about it up north....just think about it.

yeah no !@$@ wren. i get that. what i'm saying is if the kid is cautious, why as a coach (and yeah i'm putting it on coach kill squarely) you decide to play him. who cares if he WANTS to play? if he's hurt and that will impact the team negatively more so than playing the backup, then sit him. you should try be more annoying though. its pretty fun

yeah no !@$@ wren. i get that. what i'm saying is if the kid is cautious, why as a coach (and yeah i'm putting it on coach kill squarely) you decide to play him. who cares if he WANTS to play? if he's hurt and that will impact the team negatively more so than playing the backup, then sit him. you should try be more annoying though. its pretty fun

Who cares if he wants to play??????????

You really don't get it, do you wayupnorth????????

Try it again. THINK about it wayupnorth.

Maybe you are thinking about it in entirely the wrong way.

Maybe it is not about what was wanted...maybe it was about what was needed,

There were only 8 CONFERENCE games remaining in the regular season. Who knows better than anyone else what is needed to win. Who knows best what the available players are potentially capable of doing? Who knows which player has the most complete grasp of what is wanted by the coaching staff?

Who is completely in charge?

Ask not what your team can do for you wayupnorthperson...
ask what you can do for your team
and LISTEN to what your team needs you to do...

Sometimes it works...and sometimes it doesn't

Them's the breaks wayupnorthperson.

The Coach has gotta do what the coach has got to do.

Who cares if he wants to play??????????

You really don't get it, do you wayupnorth????????

Try it again. THINK about it wayupnorth.

Maybe you are thinking about it in entirely the wrong way.

Maybe it is not about what was wanted...maybe it was about what was needed,

There were only 8 CONFERENCE games remaining in the regular season. Who knows better than anyone else what is needed to win. Who knows best what the available players are potentially capable of doing? Who knows which player has the most complete grasp of what is wanted by the coaching staff?

Who is completely in charge?

Ask not what your team can do for you wayupnorthperson...
ask what you can do for your team
and LISTEN to what your team needs you to do...

Sometimes it works...and sometimes it doesn't

Them's the breaks wayupnorthperson.

The Coach has gotta do what the coach has got to do.

so i read your post, and it says nothing other than a bunch of nonsense. congrats. in regards to doing what i can for this team, i yelled, i tried to get my whole section up to cheer on important plays. i support this team on gameday. i can comment what i want here as you can. do you really think Jerry comes over here and reads any of what we write and goes "well gee shucks, I guess since wren wrote that wonderful piece on how to properly use player X Y and Z, i sure as shoot should do that. That wren is a real smart fella." ? this board is for voicing our own opinions on what should be done and anybody who thinks it makes 2 craps of difference on the coaching staff is fooling themselves. they're going to do what they're going to do regardless of what we write on this board. I will continue to support my team no matter what and I will continue to write what I feel. to each their own.

so i read your post, and it says nothing other than a bunch of nonsense. congrats. in regards to doing what i can for this team, i yelled, i tried to get my whole section up to cheer on important plays. i support this team on gameday. i can comment what i want here as you can. do you really think Jerry comes over here and reads any of what we write and goes "well gee shucks, I guess since wren wrote that wonderful piece on how to properly use player X Y and Z, i sure as shoot should do that. That wren is a real smart fella." ? this board is for voicing our own opinions on what should be done and anybody who thinks it makes 2 craps of difference on the coaching staff is fooling themselves. they're going to do what they're going to do regardless of what we write on this board. I will continue to support my team no matter what and I will continue to write what I feel. to each their own.

You said what you wanted to say and you put it out there for discussion. So I said what I wanted to say in response to what you had wanted to say and there you have it wayupnorth. You responded and this is my response to you. I guess we both got to say what we wanted to say...so...it worked out pretty darn well.

But really, it is NOT what you can do for the team. Don't be foolish. It was about what one of the players on the team could do for his team. Coach Kill knew which player he felt had the best chance of orchestrating a more positive outcome for the team given what the strengths of the opponent were and what the experience levels and skill set levels and total grasp of the offense was going to be needed IF the team was to have any kind of chance to compete with the iowa team. A Coach has to go with what a coach feels the team needs. Being the Coach means you are out there on an island...all alone...and you live and die with the choices you have to make to put the team in a position that it may...OR...may not succeed. But, you make a choice and then everybody and his brother think they know better if a win was not produced.

No, wayupnorthperson...there was NOTHING you could do...it was ALL about what the Coach knows he knows about his players and what he knows about the opposition on a given day. But it is interesting that you do that cheerleading gig. What kind of cheering outfit do you wear wayupnorthperson? Do the people in your section realize what you are trying to do out there? Keep up the great work!

You seem to be a little tense today wayupnorth. Have a nice day. I have said all I want to say to you for now. I'll let you know if I ever want to have a conversation again...but...for now, that's all.

Top Bottom