Hole Poll: What grade do you give Gophers coaches in Iowa game?

Coaches grade vs Iowa?

• A

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • B

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • C

Votes: 12 16.7%
  • D

Votes: 30 41.7%
  • F

Votes: 22 30.6%

• Total voters

Good game plan for this one. Plus the good Gophers showed up.

Given the stats not being able to get the points is on the coaches. Really perplexed by this team right now. And yes, it's Fantasy Island if Ibrahim were still on the field.

Hard to say as the defense was tough all game and the offense looked good in the first half. So, averaging it out, maybe as high as a B, but offense decisions in the second half cost the Gophers a victory, so maybe a C, though that is unfair to Rossi.

D as the defense played pretty well. Pretty bad decisions made by Fleck. And nothing new from Sanford.

The 55-yard attempt FG seals the F.
Same with never once throwing it into the end zone. Even on our 2-point attempt…. On a play when we passed… we still refused to throw it into the end zone.

The 55-yard attempt FG seals the F.
Same with never once throwing it into the end zone. Even on our 2-point attempt…. On a play when we passed… we still refused to throw it into the end zone.
Not to mention going for it on 4th and 17 in your own endzone. Got iowa a five point lead instead three if you just punt it.

Grades defense a B. Only two big mistakes all game, but Iowa fully exploited each. Full “D” for offensive coaching. 40 minutes TOP; defense handed offense two turnovers; over 400 yards of offense. Really hard to score only 22 points on those stats.

Good game plan for this one. Plus the good Gophers showed up.

Given the stats not being able to get the points is on the coaches. Really perplexed by this team right now. And yes, it's Fantasy Island if Ibrahim were still on the field.
This is how I feel. A D or F is what we saw last week on O. I'd say a B on both sides this week. Offensive game plan worked and put up almost 400 yards. Defense smothered the Iowa running game except for 2 critical 3rd downs. Iowa also got a couple big plays in the passing game. MN not making plays is what lost this game in my mind. Fleck made a stupid decision to kick from 53 and Sanford made a dumb call on one 3rd down, but otherwise it was the players.

When you’re clearly the better team, win the turnover battle, and still lose, it’s got to be a D or F.

I gave a D. Liked the game plan but some decisions were baffling. I can't get over the FG attempt. You absolutely punt there and play the field position game.

I gave a D. Liked the game plan but some decisions were baffling. I can't get over the FG attempt. You absolutely punt there and play the field position game.
yea i don't exactly get it. if you're planning to kick it, throw the ball down the field past the sticks on 3rd or at very worst run the ball and get your 2-3 yards rather than try do something you do poorly (lateral passing to the backs) and make it even harder on your kicker. From there I don't get why they weren't playing it as 4 down territory given we were getting 4 yards a crack every single time running the ball

Burns took some pretty good shots at him with his 5 take a ways. Have to agree with much of what he said.

Forget about the game stats. The only stat that matters is that you win. Do you want to play the TOP game, or do you want to play to win by any means?

D.

OC and staff found a way to run the ball on a tough defense. Run defense was good.

That's the end of the positives. Gophers looked like the better team today. And we outgained them. Problem is that 3rd and long was a big problem. Instead of blitzing the inexperienced QB that Iowa trotted out....the coaching staff let him sit behind the line safe. 53 yard FG attempt was a lousy call. Down one against a team that could barely move the ball outside of a few big plays.....you pin them. There was so much time left in the game.....that attempting that kick was a hail mary. Was the thought process.....our gameplan is to run clock down to zero.....so we better take the lead now? Because that's how they played it. Down only one possession.....but still needed a 2-pt to tie if we scored a TD. They let so much time run off the clock after every play in the fourth quarter. Completely bit us in the ass. Not sure how many other coaches would want less potential possessions at the end of a game where they are losing.

Top Bottom