Highlights: Minnesota Linebacker Boye Mafe | Big Ten Football in the 2022 NFL Draft

Didn’t realize he was a linebacker.

I think his is being look at as someone who could be a defensive end who has the speed to also break into coverage b. I really believe he would be perfect in a 3 - 4 defense as the end/backer. He would give a team a lot of position flexibility. I could see NE or Pitt bringing him in as they have experience with this type of athlete/position flexible athlete.

Boye Mafe is a manufactured 5-Star player. I remembered when they recruited him.

Here is a freakish athlete that the Gophers coaching staff thought would be an excellent developmental candidate.

They are right. We have ourselves a freakishly strong athlete who probably runs a sub-4.6 speed to get to the QB.

He is deserving of a 1st round pick. There are probably some teams that regretted not taking Antoine Winfield Jr. when they had the chance.

Big Ten West - do not rejoice yet with Mafe, Otomewo, Durr, and others moving on. The Gopher factory is working full time.

Jaxon Howard does not need to move away from home. The Gophers will put him in the NFL with sound fundamentals and development coveted by the NFL. He gets to play in front of his family.

The Gophers’ Defense is well-coached. They were good enough to beat Nebraska at Lincoln when they were down thirty-plus players due to Covid-19.

Last edited:

Top Bottom