High school state tourney cancelled.

Then why not also cancel schools, movies, shops, etc. Why just cancel state tournament that will be played in front of no one ?

Good question, cost or liability fears, I don't know.

good

Just as with the college version: teams may refuse to show up. Teams may be forbidden from showing up by their school district (athletic directors). Etc.

Why on Earth would you risk Paige Bueckers getting infected and ruining her college career, over a state tourny?

ETC

How can kids still be going to school, but they can't play a tournament with no fans? Just play it out and show it on tv

Just as with the college version: teams may refuse to show up. Teams may be forbidden from showing up by their school district (athletic directors). Etc.

Why on Earth would you risk Paige Bueckers getting infected and ruining her college career, over a state tourny?

ETC

If teams refuse to show then cancel the
tourney, of course. Paige could just as easily catch the virus at school.

Paige could just as easily catch the virus at school.
I understand that it's easy to think this .... but simply not true, in the slightest.

At school, you can require social distancing, no one ever needs to touch anyone else.

On the court, you have players constantly banging around, sweating all over each other, breathing moisture/droplet laden air all over each other, inadvertently spitting (even small droplets count) all over each other.

Not even close.

They say the viruses stay on surfaces 2-3 days and in school, community settings there are hundreds of students milling about. In a basketball game maybe 20? Also seriously wonder how much social distancing is happening in schools. The state speech tourney was also canceled so dont think the issue is bodily contact.
Now back to my televised rugby game. Its on nbc if anyone's interested :)
Score is England 33, Wales 16, but looks like Wales is about to score.

Last edited:

They say the viruses stay on surfaces 2-3 days and in school, community settings there are hundreds of students milling about. In a basketball game maybe 20? Also seriously wonder how much social distancing is happening in schools.
Now back to my televised rugby game. Its on nbc if anyone's interested :)
Score is England 33, Wales 16, but looks like Wales is about to score.

Is it 2-3 days?

I thought it was 2-3 hours!

Eden Prairie showing the "arrogant bastard" that they are:
Channel 5 showed the Eagle basketball team cutting down the nets at their gym to signify that they won the State Tournament.
The one great thing about the tournament cancellation is that the big Prick couldn't win and subject the rest of the state to their arrogance. Too bad Channel 5 shared it on aire. I knew there was a reason I despised that channels news.

Eden Prairie showing the "arrogant bastard" that they are:
Channel 5 showed the Eagle basketball team cutting down the nets at their gym to signify that they won the State Tournament.
The one great thing about the tournament cancellation is that the big Prick couldn't win and subject the rest of the state to their arrogance. Too bad Channel 5 shared it on aire. I knew there was a reason I despised that channels news.
Came here to post how the silver lining of this is neither EP, Hopkins, nor Minnehaha can claim state titles this year

Came here to post how the silver lining of this is neither EP, Hopkins, nor Minnehaha can claim state titles this year

Channel 4 did a lead in about schools not getting a unique opportunity to win a state title. The way they phrased it made it sound like they were going to talk some small town making their first trip.

Then they went and talked to the DeLasalle boys and girls and the Eden Prairie boys.

I had a little shopping to due today. Went to Best Buy and the store was as busy as usual. Stopped at the grocery store and it was business as usual there also. My point is people are out and about like normal as far as I can tell. While it is good to practice things like washing your hands often and staying home if you are sick, I think things like canceling the state tournament are a little extreme. Its the world we leave in I guess. Everyone CYA.

Reactions: ltf

Top Bottom