Here's What They Are Saying About Richard Pitino in Albuquerque

I think Richard would get a pretty big ovation at the Barn if that would ever get done. Most Gophers fans will wish him the best of luck and want him to succeed. Very likeable guy.

I'm pretty sure VCU has a clause in their contracts that if a coach ever leaves (can't be fired), a home and home must be set up between the two schools the following two years. Always thought that was awesome.
They do. I saw VCU dismantle Oklahoma when Caple went there.

Just shut up. Your agenda continues even after the man is gone. You are a raging fraud.
Just facts. Lies like yours are fraud. Stalker. It was asked what they got on a message board. Answered. No agenda. Just data on history of coaches. It is part of our business.

I think Dan McHale is the guy responsible for bringing in Bakari Konate and Diediou

All right. Everybody is entitled to make a mistake. Oh wait, that's two.

Got the guy who is in the bottom 10% of coaches who had 8 years or more in conference winning %.
Shhhhhhhh! I think lobos are reading the board. Don’t want to trigger buyers remorse

that said, yep, same guy. in august 2020 Joey loose did a top ten under 40 and I think pitino was number 5, and iirc he and Steele were the only ones from major conferences

I think Dan McHale is the guy responsible for bringing in Bakari Konate and Diediou

I do not care how bad that team was, I wanted to see the two big international slugs out there together in a throwback 1982 style Jim Dutcher 2-3 defense.

Maybe they both hit the floor at the same time under RP, but that was such a terrible year I forgot most of it.

If course, I think I was also advocating for 40 minutes of Nolan Richardson style pressing hell as well that year, probably without those two on the floor,

The old 2-3 is done, but I am surprised teams with superior speed and quickness (Illinois, Penn State, Rutgers at times this year) do not go all in on the high pressure defense like we saw 20 or 30 years ago.

I sure like it when a team like Illinois pushes the tempo, plays pressure defense, speeds up, and turns the tables on team like Wisconsin that is all about efficiency.

Years ago more teams tried to speed up, disrupt, turn over and score in transition than today.

No doubt the Gophers needed a new coach. I seem to be in the minority, however,
thinking Richard can coach. He got his teams to beat teams ranked higher in the Top 25, he got his own teams into the Top 25. That's not something bad coaches are able to do.

For instance did Miles beat as many Top 25 teams and have as many teams of his own in the Top 25 as often?

The problem is because of roster construction, because of the wrong coaching adjustments and probably the bigger part has been circumstances due to injuries, off court suspensions, etc that didn't allow the same guys to keep playing together. As a result Pitino's teams often imploded on a race to the cellar. But, if he has some good fortune or if he figures out the consistency element over the course of a season he's going to shock some people. He just has to learn how to sustain success. I'm betting that's easier than figuring out how get there at all, like lots of coaches aren't able.

You can all dismiss the NIT Championship but it was really good coaching to accomplish that.
The Big Ten Coach of the Year season we were rolling and then we lose Springs...then Mason.
No Murphy, no Matz just when he started to "get it". Happened over and over throughout his tenure.

He ain't perfect but he can coach. I have hope he'll figure the consistency part out and get the Lobos excited.

thinking Richard can coach. He got his teams to beat teams ranked higher in the Top 25, he got his own teams into the Top 25. That's not something bad coaches are able to do.

For instance did Miles beat as many Top 25 teams and have as many teams of his own in the Top 25 as often?

The problem is because of roster construction, because of the wrong coaching adjustments and probably the bigger part has been circumstances due to injuries, off court suspensions, etc that didn't allow the same guys to keep playing together. As a result Pitino's teams often imploded on a race to the cellar. But, if he has some good fortune or if he figures out the consistency element over the course of a season he's going to shock some people. He just has to learn how to sustain success. I'm betting that's easier than figuring out how get there at all, like lots of coaches aren't able.

You can all dismiss the NIT Championship but it was really good coaching to accomplish that.
The Big Ten Coach of the Year season we were rolling and then we lose Springs...then Mason.
No Murphy, no Matz just when he started to "get it". Happened over and over throughout his tenure.

He ain't perfect but he can coach. I have hope he'll figure the consistency part out and get the Lobos excited.
Yep. Bench depth also the problem

The NIT is not what it used to be and I am not getting too fired up about that win over SMU, but I think NM is a pretty good spot to land in.

The Pit is a great Arena, there are plenty of people moving in from California, fleeing chaos and some will have money to spend on the program. Steve Alford won there, and he has about 20 percent of the personality of Richard P, so we will see what happens.

I also think NM can recruit SoCal, Phoenix, Denver and West Texas and anything he can pull in nationally, so Richard might be the most successful ex Gopher coach ever. (other than Bill M)

Come on Built! Do you really have to stoop this low? Give it a break, he is gone....

Show some class.
BADGER is a true ass clown. His comments the last few days truly tell the story for anyone that couldn’t understand for years. Badger is not a good man.

Top Bottom