Henderson at the game today

Reaction score
Lets take a break from bashing Weber/Brew and talk about how this game impacted our chances of landing Henderson. He seems to go to many home games but this could not have excited him. OR does he see the play of our O Line and know he is starter from day 1.

OR does he see the play of our O Line and know he is starter from day 1.

Starting from day one will definitely increase his exposure to the college game and prep him even further for his pro career. Far superior to riding the pine for at least a year at a "blue chip vacuum" university.

Not a good game for a recruit to be at. You want to see the senior O-Lineman dominate at T, in a perfect world. What happened, we got owned by an FCS team.

Why would SH want to play for this coaching staff?

Possibly home-state loyalty.

Sad to say, but realistically, what could he learn to advance his skills based on what he's seen on the field?

Starting from day one will definitely increase his exposure to the college game and prep him even further for his pro career. Far superior to riding the pine for at least a year at a "blue chip vacuum" university.

On the flip side of that, maybe he saw all the empty seats, a nail-biting win over an FCS team, and the general ineptitude of the offense and thought he may not want to be a part of that.

And what is wrong with someone who wants to put in a year or two of work to have their 2 or 3 years of playing time for a contender? What schools are "blue chip vacuum" universities? USC? Florida? Notre Dame?

I don't think we are in his top 5. Free tickets and hospitality on a Saturday for a HS kid.

Maybe the Gophers should hire Bryant McKinnie next year in whatever capacity they can to help groom Seantrel for the NFL.

Bryant McKinnie? Seriously? He is terrible. Hire a good lineman to help him

(1)And what is wrong with someone who wants to put in a year or two of work to have their 2 or 3 years of playing time for a contender? (2)What schools are "blue chip vacuum" universities? USC? Florida? Notre Dame?

(1) Why put in two years of work when you can make an instant impact and get experience on the field for four years against great d-line competition in a major conference? Considering he's being pandered to by every significant football university in the country, I think Henderson probably has thoughts of a significant NFL career in the back of his mind, and Henderson's ability to pancake a lineman is not going to be affected by our record. Being on a contender is a plus, but it's not the end all, be all. Ask that kid who got drafted from Baylor last year.

(2) I apologize for not specifying. A "blue chip vacuum" is indeed a university that perennially sits on the top of the recruiting standings by the various recruiting websites. So yes, ND, Florida, tOSU, USC.

I don't know why he would want to play here. Crappy coaching staff that could be on their way out. Or he could just start at USC and compete for a national championship and block for a stud QB. I wish he would, but they are doing a very poor job of giving him reasons to come here.

Bryant McKinnie? Seriously? He is terrible. Hire a good lineman to help him

Terrible??
In 2008 he allowed 4 sacks in 12 games.
This year he has allowed 3 sacks and hasn't had a false start.

On top of blocking for the best running game in the NFL the last few years...

Think before you speak.

Well, we can at least say this about the kid.............. it looks like he is trying hard to find a reason to stay home, too bad we cannot give him one. Best of luck to the kid where ever he goes.

He was prolly sayin...ahahaha glad im not playin for this piss hole of a program.

At least USC is getting spanked by Stanford today.

Yep, USC is gettin served up real good today. Neither program shined today lol.

I can't tell if there are more anti-Gopher fans on this thread then Gopher fans. Does Seantrel want to play in front of a lot of fans who incessantly complain and suggest reasons he should not be a Gopher?

The last two games sucked. However there probably isn't another program in a top conference that Seantrel could make a bigger impact from day one. The line is one of two key pieces for our team. The other is our coaching staff getting a quarterback to produce. With those two things fixed we would have beaten Wisconsin and Illinois.

Please come to Minnesota Seantrel. I still want you. I think you'd make a huge impact, you won't find more playing time at any other major school, your family can watch most of your games, and your post-NFL success in the local community could be huge. We have a lot of talented athletes who are coming next year, many along the line with you, who believe in the future of this program.

I can't tell if there are more anti-Gopher fans on this thread then Gopher fans. Does Seantrel want to play in front of a lot of fans who incessantly complain and suggest reasons he should not be a Gopher?

The last two games sucked. However there probably isn't another program in a top conference that Seantrel could make a bigger impact from day one. The line is one of two key pieces for our team. The other is our coaching staff getting a quarterback to produce. With those two things fixed we would have beaten Wisconsin and Illinois.

Please come to Minnesota Seantrel. I still want you. I think you'd make a huge impact, you won't find more playing time at any other major school, your family can watch most of your games, and your post-NFL success in the local community could be huge. We have a lot of talented athletes who are coming next year, many along the line with you, who believe in the future of this program.

There are no anti-Gopher fans anywhere on this board, except for the opposing-team-trolls. By definition, people who seek out forums like this are Gopher fans.

We love the Gophers, we love Seantrel. We just hate losing. We have one of the grandest traditions in all of college football and when we lose, we get hateful and finger pointy, just like Notre Dame and Michigan Fans.

Seantrel would be a game changer here. He would not, himself, put butts in the seats. However, he would start from Day One and dominate physically. He will make this team better. We will win more games and more people will attend.

Henderson

He, and Gjere as bookend tackles would be special. Throw in the Olson's in the middle and watch out!

He could always go to SCal and watch them collapse against lesser opponents. They got smoked by Stanford today 55-21 AT HOME! There's a team that's well coached. With more talent than any other team in the country they've managed to lose 3 games this year. That is a team that has underperformed to it's ability a lot lot worse than the U of M.

No he should go to Notre Dame and lose to NAVY (and maybe Pitt). No wait, Michigan, yeah that's the ticket. Thy have to beat Ohio State next week to even get to a bowl game. Whatcha suppose the odds of that are?

I think he'll figure out he's better off staying home and growing with our program. In particular he'll figure out that he is 20% of the solution to our biggest problem.

hey seantrel - the boys over at usc got whupped by stanford today & charlie tuna and notre lame just got beat by pitt. yeah ohio state won, but you don't want to go there as coach tressel will make you wear a sweater vest every day of the year. just sayin. ;)

i know you and c-d-h were playing tonight during the notre lame game, so just a friendly fyi from your gopher friends!

p.s. we WANT and NEED you in your home state of minnesota. you will be a star at minny and can make it to the nfl as a gopher. they just WANT you and are recruiting at least 3 or 4 other guys for their OL's who are very similar to you. that is always something to keep in mind. ignore the brand name flash. at minny you will be able to start honing your OL skills from day one in the program.

See Bronk's above post.

But if for no other reason I am glad he was at the game today because he made the stadium seem a lot more full.

Top Bottom