Help me to understand........

Bob, totally agree with your post. If Bellotti was a few years younger I think there would be a fairly huge consensus on this board. Many prefer Leach, but I prefer a guy who carries no risks.

Bob, totally agree with your post. If Bellotti was a few years younger I think there would be a fairly huge consensus on this board. Many prefer Leach, but I prefer a guy who carries no risks.

As someone who has Belotti #1 on my list, I will add that if Belotti was a few years younger, I believe we would have very little chance at him. If he were mid-50s, he could wait a year for Harbaugh to jump to the NFL or for RichRod, Richt Miles or someone else at a "name" school to get fired.

If Belotti wants to get back into coaching, the time might be now. His age might work in our favor.

Bob,

I agree with you completely in your reasoning and logic in the hiring of Mike Belotti as HC. I agree with all of the benefits you stated. In addition he has a bigtime reputation among the assistant coaching profession and his past success in hiring assistants who have now established themselves should aid his hiring of new assistants here -- provided the pay is on par with other Big 10 programs.
Also, he has been traveling to various locations to do announcing this season so he has really been staying on top of Collegiate Football and researching the teams involved as preparation for each game.
Another plus to his hiring is that he is not employed by another University currently so therefore no contract buyout is needed as there possibly would be with an active coach.
I believe that he may have interviewed for the Ohio St. job that was given to Tressell. That tells me he has been a big time coach. The timing for his availability is an oppurtunity we should seize upon.
Bottom line --- I want the next HC to hire assistants who teach kids to block and tackle. Lets develop their talent and improve their skills as much as we can so eventually we can compete in our tropy games.
Bob and Darrin, I agree with both of your posts.

Top Bottom