Has this ever happened before?

Schnauzer

Pretty Sure You are Wrong
Reaction score
Has a team ever won three games in a row where it was double digit underdogs in all three (yes, I realize the gophers are 9.5 point dogs but I'll round up. If you want to be nit-picky change it to "Has a team ever won three games in a row where it has been 9.5 point dogs in all three")?

Winning this Saturday is a HUGE task, and if the Gophers could pull it off... perhaps historic.

When is the last time the Gophers had a three game winning streak in conference?

Our head coach was Coach Brew!

Yep it is stuff like that, that should stop people from heaping accolades on the 2 game winning streak or attaching too much significance to it until we hit a point where is proves to be the start of something special and not just a really nice 2 game stretch.

To the OP's question, not sure anyone really tracks stats like that but would think it would be pretty rare. I am a little surprised the line has held firm for the Indiana game, I expected to see it fall as the week went on (maybe it has in some places, not a gambler). This is a very winnable game and it would be a great accomplishment for this squad to run off 3 Big Ten wins in a row. People just need to be careful assigning too much long term significance to the wins until the team proves it can sustain the success.

Yep it is stuff like that, that should stop people from heaping accolades on the 2 game winning streak or attaching too much significance to it until we hit a point where is proves to be the start of something special and not just a really nice 2 game stretch.

To the OP's question, not sure anyone really tracks stats like that but would think it would be pretty rare. I am a little surprised the line has held firm for the Indiana game, I expected to see it fall as the week went on (maybe it has in some places, not a gambler). This is a very winnable game and it would be a great accomplishment for this squad to run off 3 Big Ten wins in a row. People just need to be careful assigning too much long term significance to the wins until the team proves it can sustain the success.

line is still Indy by 9.5-10. and the only way its gone is up at some books.

line is still Indy by 9.5-10. and the only way its gone is up at some books.

Vegas is NOT saying which team is better. Vegas is saying here is where the money bets will be about equal both ways. And Vegas wins regardless of the outcome.

Vegas is NOT saying which team is better. Vegas is saying here is where the money bets will be about equal both ways. And Vegas wins regardless of the outcome.

Let's say that Vegas is saying bettors think Indiana is better, and they don't disagree much. aNo matter how you slice it +9.5 is not a vote of confidence.

You say this a lot, but book makers are not always trying to equalize the money on each side. The best take on a bit of risk.

which usually is indicative of which team the world (not necessarily the bookies) think is best. i'm happy with the line. it should make us play with a chip on our shoulder for being disrespected.

I somehow am feeling more comfortable the closer this game is to being played. Line has been dropping finally too.

You say this a lot, but book makers are not always trying to equalize the money on each side. The best take on a bit of risk.

This statement couldn't be more wrong. The best minimize their risk. That is what successful gambling is all about. Put 50% of the money on each side and they are guaranteed to win. That simple. The best go for the sure thing - period.

This statement couldn't be more wrong. The best minimize their risk. That is what successful gambling is all about. Put 50% of the money on each side and they are guaranteed to win. That simple. The best go for the sure thing - period.

It isn't that convenient. If the books tried to get equal money on every game, they would end up getting middled to death.

It isn't that convenient. If the books tried to get equal money on every game, they would end up getting middled to death.

Middling is an art that (very) few have the time, patience, or persistence to do - all of which are needed to "grind" out a profit versus the juice. However, you are right that it is another factor that odds makers need to consider when moving a line.

Bottom Line: Go Gophers!

Top Bottom