Hageman

RunGopherRun

Reaction score
Can you say BEAST!! He is a ridiculous athlete in a huge frame. I can't remember having a DT like him in the last 20 years. We've had some good ones. Anthony Montgomery, John Schlecht, ?? We've had some DE's but not many DT. He is so dominant, especially on the bull rush, and opens up things for others on the rush. He almost broke Carder in half today on one hit! He is exciting to watch!!

the guys is literally just cracking the surface of his potential. hes an incredible athletic specimen he probly could have had 3 sacks today but carder barely escaped him all 3 times... hes going to be doubled all year but hes so athletic i dont think that its going to matter all that much.. love the mask btw so scary

At least once, Hageman was on the kickoff return team. He played in the front line. I keyed on him. He pretty much stayed planted on the kickoff, and a fellow Gopher made an angle so the Western Michigan player would have to run through Hageman. Hageman blew him up. #8 for the Broncos has to still feel that this morning.

He also rushed the punter on one punt return. Blew the blockers a few yards back. Like they were hit by a cannon.

Yeah, glad to see he got his act together. Hes been very impressive so far this year. Hope he keeps it up.

At least once, Hageman was on the kickoff return team. He played in the front line. I keyed on him. He pretty much stayed planted on the kickoff, and a fellow Gopher made an angle so the Western Michigan player would have to run through Hageman. Hageman blew him up. #8 for the Broncos has to still feel that this morning.

He's actually on the second line, behind the front four. He's got great hands and he's a great blocker. That's why he's there. I love that kid!

If he continues to improve over the next year and a half, he could be a 1st round draft pick.

The crazy thing is that he appears to have little idea how to play football.

He's just like, "Okay, now I will kill that guy. Who's next?"

Once he gets a feel for his position....

Oh that wasted year trying him out as a TE. This guy is awesome despite still learning the DT position. I agree with a previous poster, if he continues to develope, and the rest of the line continues to develope around him, he could quite possibly end up being a high draft pick.

anyone see the play where wilhite got hurt? its cause he ran into hageman and he didn't even budge an inch. Dude is an absolute MAN.

He also rushed the punter on one punt return. Blew the blockers a few yards back. Like they were hit by a cannon.

This. I totally recall that play - literally took 2-3 guys between his arms and blew straight through them like a hot knife through butter.

Now if he can scare the long snapper so badly that the snap flies over the head of the punter, he'll be in Tom Brown territory.

If Wisconsin keeps playing the way they have been, Hageman is going to have about six sacks vs. the weasels.

Now if he can scare the long snapper so badly that the snap flies over the head of the punter, he'll be in Tom Brown territory.
This will be difficult because it is now illegal to line-up directly in front of the long snapper. But I agree Hageman has been playing great. Its fun to see a Gopher who is physically superior to his opponent and can dominate.

Are you sure that's not what happened against UNH

This will be difficult because it is now illegal to line-up directly in front of the long snapper. But I agree Hageman has been playing great. Its fun to see a Gopher who is physically superior to his opponent and can dominate.

I was going more for the Tom Brown story that Ray Christianson had in his Gopher Tales book.

I really like having a terror on the DL as well.

I make it a point to watch him as I've followed his story and know some of his extended family. There are two plays that stand out for me this year:

1) During the New Hampshire game he was on kickoff receiving team and absolutely destroyed someone about 3 seconds after the kick. Fun to watch. Just targeted a poor backup linebacker or safety type, zeroed in and destroyed him. You could really see the power he has.

2) The play last week where he demolished Carder immediately after he threw it. Came from right up the middle, gave him a big bear hug and took him all the way to the ground. Carder got up very slowly and is probably still feeling it.

I let my kids in on the whole "Optimus Prime" label and of course #99 is now one of their favorites and they go out of their way to watch what he does on the field.

I was impressed that he committed to the U in the first place. I got to know one of his high school coaches through a running club and he said no way is he going to the U. Of course, this guy probably wasn't as dial in at that point since he'd been transferred to a different high school before Rashede's senior season. That and Brewster's 7-1 start in 2008 really made me rethink the opinion I had forged the previous season.

Always fun to see a kid playing up to his potential. As he learns to take advantage of his natural abilities he can become a force in the middle. At 6-6 and 300 lbs plus athletic he is already an NFL draft pick. The only question is just how high he can move up if he keeps on getting better.

As for the wasted year at TE, I seem to remember him resisting the move to defense initially until he got to a point size wise where it was either O-Line or D-Line at which point he agreed to move. But I could be wrong on that.

He's got the goods. He's getting double-teamed consistently (and I think I saw him triple-teamed on a couple of replays) and still making plays. Agree that if he continues to improve, he'll be an early pro pick. Looks like a perfect 3-4 DE.

He's got the goods. He's getting double-teamed consistently (and I think I saw him triple-teamed on a couple of replays) and still making plays. Agree that if he continues to improve, he'll be an early pro pick. Looks like a perfect 3-4 DE.

3-4 end or undertackle in the 4-3

He reminds me of a very raw Kevin Williams.

I re-watched the game last night; he was a complete force. To paraphrase Studwell, he's only scratching the surface.....

The batted ball he had in the 3rd quarter....that wasn't just some lineman putting his paw up & the pass hitting him. He flat out stopped the pass with his leap & swat.

3-4 end or undertackle in the 4-3

He reminds me of a very raw Kevin Williams.

Or that. He lacks (at least at this juncture) J.J. Watt's explosive first step, but he may be stronger than Watt. Fun to be talking about a Gopher D-lineman this way. It's been so long since we've had an inside guy with this level of ability. He keeps working and he'll be playing on Sundays.

Top Bottom