Guaranteed Rate Bowl - Fleck Press Conference.

NoelarBear

Reaction score
Hey Guys -
Noel Thompson here, I'll be in Phoenix covering the game for GH. Got emailed the transcripts for Flecks Arrival Press Conference. Thought I'll share in on the board. I'll share more as I get it.
Thanks!

Minnesota
Team Arrival Press Conference
December 23, 2021
SCOTT LEIGHTMAN: What's it like to be here in the sunshine of Arizona and to be here for the Guaranteed Rate Bowl and Bowl Season?
COACH FLECK: The heat hitting your face, that's the first thing you feel. And then just the warm hospitality by the Fiesta Bowl Committee and everybody involved in the Fiesta Bowl Organization. And Guaranteed Rate, it's just an honor to be here, really is.
And it's a lot colder in Minnesota right now. I know our guys were really excited when we were selected to play in the Guaranteed Rate Bowl here and get to Arizona. That's why we're here even earlier than we're supposed to be.
SCOTT LEIGHTMAN: I was going to ask that. You came early. Why? What was the philosophy behind getting here early, besides the sunshine?
COACH FLECK: Well, that's one of the keys, right? It's a vacation destination. We want to be able to treat our players to that. Our administration was gracious enough to allow us to come down a few days early.
But not only that, we'd like to give them as normal of a week as possible. And tomorrow is a Tuesday practice for us. Today is a Monday, which means the players' day off. If we can get out here on that players' day off and keep the game schedule as best we can, as fluid as we can, then we don't want to disrupt that at all.
SCOTT LEIGHTMAN: Your team, they're hot right now. They were hot throughout the regular season. What do you like about the team, and what do you want to see them continue as we get to Tuesday night?
COACH FLECK: Just keep learning about each other, learn for each other, learn about each other. That's what they have done all year.
We talked about having this TGIF mindset: Togetherness, Gratitude, Identity, and Focus. And they are a really together football team. They played really hard. We lost some really close games in the middle of the stretch. Won some close games down the stretch and finished it out, obviously bringing the axe back to Minnesota in the Paul Bunyan Axe game.
SCOTT LEIGHTMAN: Your defense has been phenomenal all year long. What should fans look for when they see the Minnesota defense on the field?
COACH FLECK: Just guys playing for each other, playing together, playing extremely sound, getting after it. Great tacklers, flying around with the football. Just guys really excited to play the game, especially have an opportunity to play our 13th game of the year.

SCOTT LEIGHTMAN: It's Bowl Season. You have to have some tricks up that sleeve of yours. What tricks do you have? What should we see?
COACH FLECK: (Chuckles.) Well, they won't be tricks if I tell you.
But I know this, we have a great game plan. The coaches have done an amazing job developing it. We
put a lot of work into this.
The whole goal of this whole thing is to be 1-0 in the West Virginia championship season here at the Guaranteed Rate Bowl in Phoenix, Arizona. So that's the main goal. We'll do what we have to do to find a way to win the football game. I'm sure West Virginia is feeling the same way.
Row the Boat. Ski-U-Mah. Go Gophers. Thanks.

Quotes provided by Caption Pros – (480) 419-3809

Attachments

• 1640303695615.png
    1640303695615.png
    41.2 KB · Views: 0
  • 1640303695738.png
    1640303695738.png
    44.3 KB · Views: 0

Thank Noel. Do you know where they are practicing at? What hotel the team is staying at?

Top Bottom