Groshek done at Madison

swingman

Reaction score
ran roughshod on Gophers

Badgers probably won't win a game next year.

He can maybe fill a CJ Ham type of role somewhere.

They seem to reload right now. From the article though, doesn't like they have much right now though.

They seem to reload right now. From the article though, doesn't like they have much right now though.
It was their problem this year. The run game they had always counted on just wasn’t the same and it was why Mertz eventually was exposed. I think they eventually figure it out though

From the article though, doesn't like they have much right now though.

The article does mention that "Wisconsin’s 2021 running back room will be led by rising sophomore Jalen Berger, who averaged 5 yards per carry on 60 carries a year ago." Gotta think the kid sees the writing on the wall and figues that he won't have as productive of a season in 2021, hurting his draft stock. I can see why he's going for it now...

ran roughshod on Gophers

To be fair, EVERYONE ran roughshod on this Gopher DL and LB crew. Hopefully our new in transfers help out with that..

The article does mention that "Wisconsin’s 2021 running back room will be led by rising sophomore Jalen Berger, who averaged 5 yards per carry on 60 carries a year ago." Gotta think the kid sees the writing on the wall and figues that he won't have as productive of a season in 2021, hurting his draft stock. I can see why he's going for it now...
Berger is really, really good. Didn’t play versus us because of COVID protocols.

In no way shape or form predicting the demise of the Badgers, but it has been odd seeing them without a dominant running back. They always seemed to have the heir apparent waiting in the wings, but that has not been the case post JT. Maybe Berger is the guy but it isn’t a slam dunk the way it has been for quite some time.

Berger is really, really good. Didn’t play versus us because of COVID protocols.
I’m not sure we can pronounce a guy with 60 carries and 300 yards really really good. Not enough sample size. Definitely better than the guy we played though

Groshek and Watson were the two least talented Badger starting RBs this decade.

I do think Jalen Berger will be good though. He is talented.

Groshek can play, fullback, tight end, and tailback. They will find a spot for him in the NFL, that dude is a load. I wouldn't count him out.

I have read there is interest in Madison to snare a RB who is leaving MI.

Yep and hard to tackle too. Height has nothing to do with being able to break tackles. I'm not a fan of the Badgers, but that kid can play the game of football.
If you take away the MN game, his stats are nothing special at all, especially considering he's running behind a Wisconsin o-line.

With all this crazy logic we might as well pull IL rb Mike Epstein as a third rd pick.

Top Bottom