GREAT BALL MOTION! GREAT SHOT SELECTION! GREAT DEFENSE!

touchdownvikings

Reaction score
In other words, good job on doing what you've been doing and this time having the ball go down.

Keep your chins up guys!

Morons on here will say otherwise, but you're on the right track.

It helped that Marcus Carr channeled the spirit of Bobby Jackson tonight.

Obviously, the Gophers played by far their best game of the season.

(for menno - I was thinking more of the Lawrence Westbrook game against Wisconsin in 2006 for a comparison.)

It will be interesting to see how the Gophs look in the next game. I would hope that they can find a more consistent level of play.

But, if they can play at a level even close to this - at least for the home games - they can still post a decent record in the B1G. the early-season losses may hurt a little bit in terms of post-season chances, but if the Gophs can come up with a couple more quality wins, that might balance things out.

It just goes to show you how wacky sports can be - that the same team can play so poorly against Iowa and turn around and beat OSU in the span of a week.

I get your sarcasm you are putting down there, LOL. Marcus Carr played out of his mind. I mean it was like he couldn't miss, hell even his free throws which he was awful with so far this year were dropping almost every time!

It was a great win, no question.

Carr may never have another game like this and expecting 35 again is not reasonable. So who will make up the difference when Carr scores 10..13..15 or even 17?

There were other positives from today. Williams looked the part, Demir actually showed he belonged in in the BIG during the first half, Big Daniel stayed out of foul trouble and didn't back down, while Omersa was a positive force. Gabe has shown that he has the ability to dribble/drive and not just launch 3's.Lets hope Willis recovers quickly as the bench is very thin. The D was tough, made OSU work for their points and also was very pesky as they had 8 steals and also boarded well.

Now we will see if this will translate to more consistent play going forward.

I'm telling you what, if someone would watch that game without knowing who the top-5 team was, they'd think it was the Gophers. It was like the volleyball game last night: they took control of the game from the get-go and never let up. They were the better team from wire to wire.

It was one of the most enjoyable games I've attended, and our season tix go back to 1990. That building was like some of the games of yore--not quite as loud and raucous as the old days but in the same general category. What a night!

It was a great win, no question.

Carr may never have another game like this and expecting 35 again is not reasonable. So who will make up the difference when Carr scores 10..13..15 or even 17?

There were other positives from today. Williams looked the part, Demir actually showed he belonged in in the BIG during the first half, Big Daniel stayed out of foul trouble and didn't back down, while Omersa was a positive force. Gabe has shown that he has the ability to dribble/drive and not just launch 3's.Lets hope Willis recovers quickly as the bench is very thin. The D was tough, made OSU work for their points and also was very pesky as they had 8 steals and also boarded well.

Now we will see if this will translate to more consistent play going forward.
Gabe being aggressive and driving to the hoop was huge tonight. Will only open up the 3 pt line for him if he keeps it up. Oturu, Marcus, Gabe, and Willis could become a tough lineup if they keep gelling and growing. Demir and Jarvis have started to show signs that they belong on a B1G court.

Obviously, the Gophers played by far their best game of the season.

(for menno - I was thinking more of the Lawrence Westbrook game against Wisconsin in 2006 for a comparison.)

It will be interesting to see how the Gophs look in the next game. I would hope that they can find a more consistent level of play.

But, if they can play at a level even close to this - at least for the home games - they can still post a decent record in the B1G. the early-season losses may hurt a little bit in terms of post-season chances, but if the Gophs can come up with a couple more quality wins, that might balance things out.

It just goes to show you how wacky sports can be - that the same team can play so poorly against Iowa and turn around and beat OSU in the span of a week.
"Looks beautiful, but those twinkle lights aren't twinkling there Clark." ???

This was a fun game. Nice to start the week with this win.

After Willis got injured the ball movement wasn't as good, the offense looked stagnant to me after that, Carr made some shots he had no business making down the stretch, sans Carr it might have been close. Overall it was the best I've seen a Gopher team play since the Indiana game in 2013.

Carton really is something else, I never knew he was as good as he is, how did Iowa, Wisc, and Minn let him get away to a non blue blood.

AGAIN!

GREAT BALL MOTION! GREAT DEFENSE! GREAT SHOT SELECTION! DOING ALL THE LITTLE THINGS!

Otherwise known as the shot going down.

To those of you who are sissies and couldn't live through a few games where the shot just didn't go down. Asked stupid questions. Well.

AGAIN!

GREAT BALL MOTION! GREAT DEFENSE! GREAT SHOT SELECTION! DOING ALL THE LITTLE THINGS!

Otherwise known as the shot going down.

To those of you who are sissies and couldn't live through a few games where the shot just didn't go down. Asked stupid questions. Well.

Careful there, buddy!

OSU hasn't stood a chance in the past week. Go Gophers!

This team looks completely different then they did at the beginning of the year. They are working the floor as a team vs. hero ball with individual players. Against teams earlier they seemed to be more focused on taking contested 3's then creating mismatches for each other. The penetration, ball movement is at a different level compared to earlier. I have no doubt this is about trust in teammates and trusting the system. I remember going into this season with a lot of hope and lost trust they would get there. Glad to see they are living up to their potential at least for 2 games. Believe this will continue.

Top Bottom