Grace Grocholski Named B1G Freshman of the Week

SHGopher

Reaction score

Freshman of the Week
Grace Grocholski, Minnesota
G/F – North Prairie, Wis. – Kettle Moraine – Major: Undeclared

• Tallied 19.0 points, 4.5 rebounds, 3.5 assists and 1.0 steals in a pair of wins for Minnesota

• Scored the most points by a freshman in the Big Ten this season with 26 against Norfolk State, including five three-pointers

• Posted 12 points, six rebounds and five assists in a double overtime victory over Drake

• Earns her first Big Ten Freshman of the Week honor

• Last Minnesota Freshman of the Week: Mara Braun (Dec. 5, 2022)

FB_IMG_1701736141627.jpg

How Mara wasn't named POTW.. or even listed on the Honor Roll is WILD after her game Saturday..

It is probably because her Wednesday game was one of her lower scoring games/

GG is a real find. Love her game, and love what it says about Coach P’s evaluation ability. When GG committed to West Virginia, her options were not particularly impressive, choosing Coach P over Wisconsin, Butler and Providence. Other than West Virginia, that is a pretty low rent WBB district. GG is so much better than that list of suitors.

GG is a real find. Love her game, and love what it says about Coach P’s evaluation ability. When GG committed to West Virginia, her options were not particularly impressive, choosing Coach P over Wisconsin, Butler and Providence. Other than West Virginia, that is a pretty low rent WBB district. GG is so much better than that list of suitors.
That is actually crazy to me, since she was a top 100 kid. I’m guessing her build wouldn’t fit into all systems, but I’m very impressed with her!

That is actually crazy to me, since she was a top 100 kid. I’m guessing her build wouldn’t fit into all systems, but I’m very impressed with her!
she is that "glue" player every team needs.. she's like Mal.. those two might not lead us in scoring game in and game out.. but I will BET they make a big play or do something to get an extra possession for us.. Grace seems to have a VERY high basketball IQ.

She can ball out and will only get better. Very nice addition to the team.

I like GG because she has ability to rebound, get position on defense, set screens and stays in front of her opponent on switches, seems to know where to be on that which is not easy do as a freshmen in college. Some would say high basketball IQ. She can guard Forwards and Guards. Maybe some College coaches questioned her high school competition or quickness. GG Is a weapon and only going to get better. We are lucky coach P picked the U of MN and brought in GG.

Top Bottom