Gophs sign home-and-home with North Carolina

Jike Spingleton

Traveling Champ
Reaction score
After the all the hinting, the Gophers have agreed to a home-and-home series with North Carolina.

2013 Schedule

The other additions to future schedules:

--New Mexico State coming to Minneapolis in 2011 (Sept. 10) and 2016 (Sept. 3)

--Confirmation of the rumored game against New Hampshire in 2012 (Sept. 15)

--Visiting Chapel Hill in 2013 (Sept. 7) and the Tar Heels returning the favor in 2014 (Sept. 13)

--Eastern Illinois to open the 2014 season at TCF (Aug. 30)

--Home-and-home with Colorado State, going to Fort Collins in 2015 (Sept. 12) and the Rams coming to TCF in 2016 (Sept. 24)

--The home-and-home with Oregon State has been pushed back to 2017 (Beavers visit Sept. 9) and 2018 (Gophers in Corvallis Sept. 8)

This on the heels of the Colorado series moving to 2020 and 2021, the home-and-home with Middle Tennessee and the home game with Northern Illinois next year. We still have room for a BCS opponent in 2015, with home games against South Dakota State and Ohio and the trip to Colorado State on the slate.

So. There.

KenanStadium.jpg

kenney_animal-house.jpg

Road Trip.

That's awesome. I'd love to get down to Chapel Hill!

Also on Sept 8, 2012 we have an opening for a possible marquee home game.

Let's hope its someone exciting....

LSU has an opening on Sept 8, 2012 for an away game. There was talk earlier about that as a possibility. Could be just that though, talk.

I'm still bummed about Colorado being moved back but North Carolina is very good news. Looking forward to that already.

Also Arizona, Arkansas, Texas, Florida....

So many great road trips coming up...USC, UNLV, North Carolina...

Better start saving my vacation moneys/time off now.

Awesome! I know it's a few years away but I'm already excited.

Top Bottom